• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My new baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

tlday13

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tracy
Well, he or she WILL be mine! (We sent an email to the breeder..and she says our word is good enough for her to hold him/her for us.)

Two pictures I snitched off of her website...
From 12-6-09

12-13-09

Of his/her personality, she said this "That little one is so full of him/herself that it isn't even funny. Although this little one is still very young, it has quite the little personality on it...hopefully that stays as s/he matures. This little one loves to stand on his/her toes and just bounce all around when being hand fed (you would think I was starving it) and all it's little pin feathers just stand straight up....so cute."

I'm in love! (and brainstorming names while I wait) :hehe:

Tracy

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
What a cutie! I love that 2nd pic

tlday13

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tracy
Me too! I just kept going back to it and going back to it... just feeling drawn by it.. that was when I emailed Christine (the breeder) to ask her about its personality.

I even got a friend of mine who does animal communication to have a look and see what she could "get" off the image... and she said, "Oh my goodness-what a sweetheart! She is a calm and loving little
birdie....I think she would be a good match :) She is a new soul so she
isnt sure what she wants-she mostly wants to be loved."

Yellow with red eyes..does that make this baby a lutino? (I have only done a little research as of yet.) I know when budgies reach a certain age they can be visually sexed.. is that true? Right now I have no way of knowing if this is a boy or girl. But I don't care about the gender... I am just loving the funny, spunky personality this one seems to have.

Tracy (who figured out how to make pic#2 her avatar -- YAY!)

budgielucky

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Cathy
Me too! I just kept going back to it and going back to it... just feeling drawn by it.. that was when I emailed Christine (the breeder) to ask her about its personality.

I even got a friend of mine who does animal communication to have a look and see what she could "get" off the image... and she said, "Oh my goodness-what a sweetheart! She is a calm and loving little
birdie....I think she would be a good match :) She is a new soul so she
isnt sure what she wants-she mostly wants to be loved."

Yellow with red eyes..does that make this baby a lutino? (I have only done a little research as of yet.) I know when budgies reach a certain age they can be visually sexed.. is that true? Right now I have no way of knowing if this is a boy or girl. But I don't care about the gender... I am just loving the funny, spunky personality this one seems to have.

Tracy (who figured out how to make pic#2 her avatar -- YAY!)
He/she is absolutely stunning. I know what it is like to wait. I just got my little Jasper yesterday.
Red eyes does mean a lutino. Yes, most of the times budgies can be visually sexed at a young age but sometimes it can be a little difficult with some. In some budgies you almost have to wait until 6 months to tell.

BraveheartDogs

Cruising the avenue
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Vicki
Such a cute little baby. Yes, I think it will be a lutino:) What did the breeder say? I don't have a lutino but I think that they are harder to sex.

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Aww.. s/he is GORGEOUS! :heart::heart:

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:omg: pic 2 standing all tall and proud!!! :heart: Grats!

tlday13

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tracy
Thank you! She takes new pictures and updates each Sunday... I'm looking forward to seeing what the next picture will look like! :D

Tracy

Sharpie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
What a cutie! Reminds me of Luke. If you can get some good picks, I'm pretty good at sexing babies and would love to try (though no promises, lol!)

tlday13

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tracy
Sorry for the double post... :) This week's picture from the breeder's website :)

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
now dat's cuteeeeeeeeeeeee

robin's my baby

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
sarah
i dont think you can visuly sex Lutino/Albino at all

tlday13

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tracy
I wondered about that. I'm almost tempted to pay for DNA sexing..if only to know for 100% (and some of the name ideas are gender-specific)

Status
Not open for further replies.