• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My macaw hangout (pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hendryx

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridie
Hmmmmm?? Maybe he has well behaved birdies!! :huh:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
they are gorgeous and that is a stunning view!!

I wondered the same thing about the curtains and wreaths - they look so 'neat and tidy' would never last here!!

Kristy

Welcome to the Avenue!
Brides is there such a thiing??

We are talking Macaws here. :D

Hendryx

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridie
Lol! I have heard of the mythical well behaved macaw,have never seen it..maybe one day.;)

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:chin:Hmm, I dunno, Elvis is "semi" well behaved :hehe: She would sneak over to those wreaths and slooowly go for it, until I said "what're you doin', Bird?" And then she would be like :innocent:

Hendryx

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridie
Nope!! all mine are lightning fast, destroy first then look at me like...what???:hehe:

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh Yes it's hilarious!....or is it??:rolleyes:
Sorry, Bride's--I was just picturing that. It's not like mine's not taken a few chunks out of things, but she's more the cagey type :cool:

Hendryx

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridie
Mine are buzz saws! the macs and too's are slowly but surely remodeling my house!!..(They destroy everything when their not busy plotting to take over the world) lol..

Angelicarboreals

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angela
Wowza, the more and more I see of your flock the more envious I get!!!! :dancing:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That is a great hangout! :laughing12:

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
wow, what a beautiful macaw flock you have!:hug8:

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
that looks awesome! your birds look so healthy and happy!

Skyler

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
Gorgeous fids and so seemingly content and peaceful--it makes me want to ask---Are they real????

Parrotlove

Real Name
Barbie
:wow:Love the picture and love your flock they are beautiful.. That stand has to be a special made. I've never seen one quite like it before. Thanks for sharing. Hug's Barb and Isis

Big Blues

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Jaw-droppingly gorgeous. Do they all get along well? I have major curiosity about multiple macaw households.
In this pic, we sat them on the gym and they were so interested in the camera that they sat still. :lol:Most of our macaws have a buddy that they choose themselves and they play together in a larger flock where the others don't mess with each other's buddies. This is not an easy process, we were lucky with a couple of them that fell in love :heart: at first sight, but others it took longer. A couple of them prefer to be by themselves and that is their choice.

Big Blues

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
LOVELY set up! I really like the look of it. Is it a homemade stand? And do you fids always get along so well?
We got the stand from Avian Environments, the birds have really enjoyed it because of the size. They can move over if they have a spat with their buddy! :hehe:

Big Blues

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
That is a great photo, question for you.

How do you keep them off those lovely curtains and those wreaths?? Surely those wreaths must look like toys to them....or are they for them??
Hi Kristy, I measured their beak and talon stretch and determined the curtains were safe! Actually, the playgym is about 36 inches forward of the window and they can't reach it. All of our birds are flighted, but interestingly enough they have their regular routes and stick to them. I am very happy that one of the routes isn't my window top :dancing:!

Status
Not open for further replies.