• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

My lovie is fluffed up on the bottom of the cage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole
Sending lots of healing energy!:hug8:

Lovebird

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Kathy
Thanks to everyone for your kindness and caring... :)

Lovebird

Real Name
Kathy
I am so puzzled about Mickey. She's back in the cage with Sunny who is being so mean to her.

She is not as puffed up and is back to her very aggressive little self. She's eating a little and her vent does not seem swolen.

The vet thinks she's too active to be egg bound. I won't let her mate with Sunny because they are brother and sister. But she has laid before.

I am over the lovebird raising phase as I cannot handle anymore lovebirds... although I adore them. :)

I may take her to GG's Avian vet tomorrow for a checkup. Meanwhile, the Mickey vigil continues...

ncGreyBirdLady

They call Me crazy like its a bad thing!
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Bonnie
Continued healing thoughts and prayers for Mickey:hug8:If Sunny is being mean-do You have another cage You can put Her in by herself?If She is not feeling good,having to fight off Sunny could be more stress then She needs right now! Keep Us posted!:hug8:

Lovebird

Real Name
Kathy
I put her back with Sunny for comfort. Should I move her back to her separate cage? They have been inseparable since hatching, so I thought he would keep her calmer.

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
I think I would seperate them and put them next to each other. I just don't like the description of how she sounds. She could have made rally, but I agree 100% with Bonnie that she needs to concentrate her energies on herself and not on trying to look like a well bird that won't get kicked out of the flock.

I would put perches and food low so she doesn't spend the energy trying to get to them

Lovebird

Real Name
Kathy
Thanks Bonnie and Ginger, I think I will separate them again. Everytime I go in there there's a different scenario going on. One time they'll be snuggling sweetly and the next he's picking at her neck and she's shooing him away. Oh boy.

Pumpkin

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Tracy
Aww sending some healing your way. I hope she will be ok. Do you have a heat lamp? When they are sick, they run right under it & it's so helpful to them. Good luck sweetie. :hug8:

Status
Not open for further replies.