• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent My lovebird had a seizure yesterday

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Yep, probably means he's mostly back to normal and happy to be on you so he's making himself all beautiful for you by stretching and arranging his feathers in place. When Nerd used to do that we always said what a beautiful wing and he'd get all happy and do it again. He had one wing missing several flights he was ashamed of and we always told him show us your other wing and he'd eventually half stretch it out for us.

Last edited:

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Well it wasn't that bad for him, he just never could fly well but he sure could walk for such a skinny version of a Maxi, and he was very happy in our flock and was with me for 31 years so my family and the jungle where he came from were all he knew, and his brother who died early on in their time with me, Ferd:(

Jellybeans3369

Strolling the yard
I'm sorry to hear that :(
I'm glad he got to experience love from you.
My bird couldn't ever really fly. He had his flight wings when I found him and he still couldn't really fly. He can fly from the bed to the floor but that's all he can really do.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
HE may get better at flying once his health issues get all sorted and he feels good and strong again. Nerd could make short hops and emergency flights and every so often one of his bad feathers would come in long enough for him to make a few half decent flights where he wanted to go. Mostly his flights were FLAP...FLAP...FLAP...THUD!!!
Nerd loved me back so it was a best friends type thing and he never tried to escape as I think he knew a good thing when he saw it.

Jellybeans3369

Strolling the yard
My bird just hops. And doesnt flap when he's in the air. Lol.
Im hoping that for me and my bird Jellybean. We've come a long way.
He hasn't tried to escape outside. When I bring him outside he doesn't try to fly away or jump away.
He sometimes tries to get out of his cage while I'm gone but. That's just him wanting to climb on everything. Lol.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Terry
Be careful as some day he might decide to try his wings and a gust could take him away but sounds great. I'm sure as he feels better a lot of things with him will change.

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Please don't take him outside without a harness or without being in a carrier/travel cage. Maybe that's how he got away from his previous humans.
Great that he is doing better. Wouldn't want to see you lose him if he takes flight.

nu2birds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kurt
I just noticed your past posts.........I didn't realize your extensive recent history with Jellybeans. Wow, you two have really been through a lot and you have really done a GREAT job following through with the Rx regimen. You saved a life! Look how much you have learned........from never having had a bird to THIS! You will be a good resource to others. I love Jellybeans colors, maybe with all these vet visits you could have Jellybeans DNA tested, so then you would know for sure what he/she is. Continued good luck with your new bird.

Amandas Birds

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Amanda
As far as I know and what I've read it's kind of showing off? But if wasnt stretching before maybe couldn't cus of pain?.? Not an expert can only tell what I've read and seen my birds do?.. when I say pretty bird Brandi or i walk into a room thats what she does usually with a chirp, like hey, I'm right here look at me and when I look she stretches one footed one foot balled and her wings all pretty:tiel: Buster started copying her but he does a tail feather shake just like those old feather dusters... lol i call him my dust Buster:ysgcc:

Jellybeans3369

Strolling the yard
Yeah my babies super cute when he's not trying to bite me. Haha.

I was thinking of getting a test to see if jellybeans a boy or a girl but i put all my spare money into his medication. I want to find out soon so in case I get another lovie. Nothing crazy happens. Haha.

Jellybeans3369

Strolling the yard
He does a tail shake and a stretch. He never did that before. But I'm just assuming it doesn't mean bad things. Haha

Amandas Birds

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Amanda
@Jellybeans3369
Glad that jellybean is getting better! It's bit hectic having two birds I just recently made the jump to two birds its harder then thought would be trying to get them into a routine lol. Like Brandi (cockatiel) goes to bed as soon as gets dark shes in her cage and wants her cover pulled down lil bit. If it's not she screeches at me in this one chirp like 'human what is wrong with my castle! Hello fix this ' lolBuster (conure) is not having any of it lol if we are up he is too. Doesnt sound like should be a problem but it kind of is. Buster is 4-5 months old (unsure of exact day) and Brandi is 3½ yrs old so she's chilled out a bit and buster is just full tilt petal to the metal lol just be prepared that some birds dont want to share their owners... like says all over this site ppl dont own birds birds own people.:tieln::ysgcc: so so so true lol and extremely funny i been saying that all along.Brandi is def our" keeper "so to speak good luck to you two!! And maybe three if you do it! Keep me updated please i am always checking to see if is any more news on yous

Last edited:

Jellybeans3369

Strolling the yard
I am saddend to say that's Jellybean has either passed on or has been stolen.
We let my boyfriends mother and sisters have it, as I wasn't able to give him as much love and attention at the moment. And they called a couple days later stating the door was closed but he isn't in there anymore.
They have a lot of dogs over there so I don't know what's happened. I'm so sad...... :(