• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My budgie laid two eggs none of them hatched what should i do?

HouraniZz

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Ahmad
i used my flashlight and saw that one of them was empty and in the other i felt its heartbeat, i didnt bother them for a week yesterday i found one of them broken the the other egg stoped developing should i take the eggs out of the nest?

Olliebirb

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Julia A
I would if they start to smell. Hopefully others will give some advice

HouraniZz

Real Name
Ahmad
thanks i took the eggs yesterday but she stayed in the nest so i took the nest out too. she became so weak trying really hard to fly a tiny amount (only desending) hopefully she will get back to normal soon

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
thanks i took the eggs yesterday but she stayed in the nest so i took the nest out too. she became so weak trying really hard to fly a tiny amount (only desending) hopefully she will get back to normal soon
You should make sure to up her calcium intake - making eggs takes a lot out of birds. Does she have a male with her?

HouraniZz

Real Name
Ahmad
Yeah before laying the eggs she was finishing the bones quickly but after she laid them she isnt that interested, and yes she does but iam thinking about moving him out cause even tho she was sitting on the eggs whenever she came out to do her business he kept trying to mate with her over and over again