• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent my birds are very sick

shoog

Strolling the yard
Real Name
shoog
around a month ago I took my blue budgie, Finn, to the vet cause he has a bobbing tail and seems sick, the vet we took him to was nothing but a normal vet that is specials in all animal =s and doesn't seem that good even when we took him he just physically check on him and give us a drops medicine, and he said, and I quote " just give him his seed mix and put 5 drops every day on the water, he will be fine ", I read the info paper that comes with the medicine and it turns out its nothing but a light antibiotic that should be given when the bird is starting to act sick.
a month later with struggles with my little bird and he still really sick, I can't even stand to hold him he is always sick, his voice seems sick as well too, his tail bobbing goes and came back, and when it does come it became worse by every time, I just feel like the worst bird owner, my lovebird now is showing some symptoms and I really don't know what to do, I want to take him to another vet but I swear a lot in my country is as bad as the first one, I want to do something
I'm from Saudi Arabia, Riyadh, to anyone who knows a great vet around there please tell me, and anything I can do for those two birds I want to know, my future always includes them I don't want to even think of what would happen if they go like my another budgie
the medicine that was described to me is ( pharma tylosin drops ) and an eye medicine that is for his infected eye which is not right now, I can't find the bottle right now but I will put its name when I do
my birds have around 6-8 hours out of the cage, and I don't want to put them back while they are sick, so they don't get depressed, I tried when I first let the budgie back from the vet, he was outraged and took me long to build our trust, I don't know it the mood would affect the way of his treatment or should I put him on the cage, the cage is big enough to full him and has 4 toys and a space to fly with.
anyone, please help me

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner

shoog

Strolling the yard
Real Name
shoog
Association of Avian Veterinarians
I tried to research my country but there where no result... anyway thanks I will keep trying to research from time to time