• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My bird came home

Status
Not open for further replies.

flower

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
glenda
I just want to say to the folks that have lost birds, that about a year ago my Quaker Parrot, Buddy flew away and I was so upset and sad, I prayed that God would watch over him. I knew that he would be very scared and not know what to do without me. The next day, a man that I had spoken to while I was searching the neighborhood brought him home. He said that he was screaming for hours, and that lots of people noticed him. This man was homeless and now we have helped him with food and we have become friends. I just hope other people who have lost their birds are treated as nice as I was, and get their birds back too.

Peteysmom

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Heather
Hooray for happy endings! Thanks for sharing this with us. I'm so glad he had a safe return....with a VERY kind hearted person! :)

ronsig

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sigrid
I lost budgies twice in my life, and I got them both back.

The first one got away from my mother, and walked into somebody's open balcony door into the house.
We had put an ad in the paper, and that's how we got the bird back.

The second one got away from me. I had the cage outside. A strong gust of wind knocked the cage over and the bird got out. 2 days later, somebody turned him into the humane society.

Another budgie landed in front of me when I was a child. This bird was not tame, but pet birds know they need people when they are scared and hungry.
Both my birds now were found outside...there is lots of good outcomes.:laughing12:

Sigrid

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
Wow, Glenda, what an encouraging story. I'm glad you shared it with us. Help can come from people we least expect it to and the outcome can be even better than expected. I hope this encourages those in the neighborhood who are waiting anxiously for their birds' return.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
what a lovely story..

Quest

Real Name
Judy
Nice story. Thanks for sharing it.
I'm so glad prayers were answered.

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
wonderful story, :hug8:

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
What a great story!!!! So happy that you got your baby back :)

dolldid

Riding the Skies
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Dolly witney
it just goes to show us that even the homeless care this is a very happy ending for both bird and man ended up safer.
im glad you stopped and spoke to this person i feed many homeless some just want food others want help comming off street some dont but opening our hearts means a lot as this story tells
god bless you both

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Thanks for sharing. My family and I too have had birds that flew away and we got them back.

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
Glenda, what a very heartwarming story with a beautiful happy ending. I am so glad you got your baby back and that you are helping this homeless man who has a big heart. Nothing like paying it forward. May all the lost birdies in the world find their way home.

Jadesmom

Real Name
Mary Ann
Awwwwww......what a great story. I am happy for all concerned. It was a win, win, win situation!

Trice

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Trice
That's a nice story. Happy you're baby returned. IT's a blessing your quaker is safe at home with you again.

Trice

Status
Not open for further replies.