• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My beautiful kitties

Status
Not open for further replies.

rikkitikki

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Erika
You know, I don't believe I've ever shared pics/stories of the wonderful kitties that I have been blessed to have in my life. Let me introduce some of the ones that have been near and dear to me:

Spike -
A black and white tabby cat. One survivor of a litter of six. Unfortunately they didn't get the proper care they should've had as kittens, and he was the only one to survive. Lived to be 18 years old, an indoor/outdoor cat that spent every night that he stayed inside on my bed (and playing my piano at 3am when I forgot to put the cover down).
The night he passed, I was deployed, though it was apparent to me that he had moved on. I was sleeping in my trailer in the deployed location and was woken up by little paws hopping on my bed and then getting comfy for a night's sleep. My brother told me he had a similar experience. I immediately got mad at him and told him I was telling the truth, and he was rude to pick on me like that. He got on the defensive and said he also wasn't lying :eek:
Loved this cat :heart:

Bo -
An all white short haired kitty with an attitude! We had him in the midst of my teen years. All that attitude that I threw out at my family came right back at me in the form of this little white ball of fluff. He stayed with us until about 15 years of age.

Jasmine -
Sweet as could be. An orange and white tabby cat that I met while volunteering at the local shelter, she came out of her cage when I cleaned it, and all four paws out to the corners of the earth, there was no way I was going to get her the cardboard carrier while I cleaned. She rode on my shoulder while I cleaned her cage, then proceeded to ride home in my car later that day. Unfortunately her life was cut way too short when she escaped the house, over the fence in the backyard and out onto the highway at a mere 4.5 years old :(

Bojack -
Grey and white long haired beauty. Big as a tank, double the weight of my pip squeak, Bam Bam. This cat is a dog in disguise. He follows you around the house, talks, runs to the front door with the dogs when the doorbell rings and will chase a ball with the dogs trying to get to it first (though he's usually nice and lets them have it :rolleyes:). He loves to sleep on his back and really really loves a warm lap. He's the nicest cat I've met (well, equal to Spike), and moved in with my dad after he came down with a bad case of "empty nest syndrome." My mom protested another cat in the house up and down, and when the hubby and I moved to Washington DC for a year (at that time owning 3 dogs and a cat), someone had to camp out for awhile. Bojack set up his tent with my parents and eventually unpacked his bags to stay, my mom said they could have Bojack :swoon: Whenever I talk to my dad now, Bojack is either comfortably sitting in his lap, or talking to my dad because he's paying more attention to his phone than the cat :rolleyes: Oh, and I think I know him better now, than I did before he moved in with my dad (yes, he'll tell me all the details, to include how many times he pooped that day :rolleyes: my dad is head over heels with this cat)...

Bojack and Jasmine cuddling

Attachments

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
They are beautiful, Erika, and so comfy and soft looking! :D

mrstweet

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran