• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My baby boys are coming home today

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I am so excited! :starshower1: I keep looking at their cage trying to picture them in it! I have practically everything ready. Within the next couple weeks I will get Plexiglas sheets for the top of their cage as well as for over the inside grate. And I will make a protective canopy to hang around Ruby's cage so when they are out and flying around they can't land on her cage.

They will be home sometime before dusk so they can have a couple hours of sunlight before they get tucked in for the their first night.

I will take pics once they settle in.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Congratulations! You must be so excited!

Matt

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
I was coming to this section cause I knew it was the day they were coming home! So excited for you! I love setting things up for new babies, but no new babies here lol! :) can't wait to see pics!

VictoriaVague

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Real Name
Vikki
:dance4: Exciting!

Vegemite

Real Name
Lynne
How exciting. Have you picked out their names yet? What color/s are they? While we are ALL waiting, how about a pic of their new home (cage), gotta have something to look at while we wait and wait and wait. LOL

BirdBrained

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Manda
Its always exciting bringing new little ones home! I can't wait to see them when they've settled in. :D I also thought about the plexi glass to fit on the top and wondered if anyone had done it before. My guys love to play up there and I hate the thought of them pooping all over everything inside the cage. :wtf:

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I first heard about the Plexiglas from Saroj. I'm also going to get two smaller pieces to hang in back of Ruby's food bowl.

KimKim

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
So exciting!

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Plexiglass toppers can help a lot. :hug8: I had one on the p'let cage when I had them in the same room with the Hahn's. Hahn's, though, are very good at hanging on the front of the cage :rolleyes:

Anyway, congratulations, and the very best of luck!

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
I first heard about the Plexiglas from Saroj. I'm also going to get two smaller pieces to hang in back of Ruby's food bowl.
What does the Plexiglass do? Protect them & keep mess off the walls? If so I need some asap lol

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
What does the Plexiglass do? Protect them & keep mess off the walls? If so I need some asap lol
I don't like the mess of grates so will put Plexiglas on top of the grate that is inside the cage and will also put Plexiglas on top of the cage so if Ruby lands on top of their cage when she's out they will have some protection.

Thugluvgrl187

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
:dance4: :laughing12: :dance5: :dancing: How exciting!

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
I don't like the mess of grates so will put Plexiglas on top of the grate that is inside the cage and will also put Plexiglas on top of the cage so if Ruby lands on top of their cage when she's out they will have some protection.
Oh thats a good idea! I always put newspaper over the grates but I moved Kiwi into the birdroom when we were on vacation to keep him safe from the cats & discovered he really really loved it in there & I like having silence in my bedroom lol! So I will put Plexiglases on top soon to protect him from the bigger fids- they only get out if I am in there as size is such a huge difference- thats the only thing that worries me but so far so good. :)

ZoeyFredrik

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Nik
Exciting! Cannot wait to see pictures of the budgies in their new home!!! :heart: :D

Gen120

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Oh, Marie.. I'm waiting.... :hehe: so excited for you lol!

WeasleyLover

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Maddy
I'm so excited for you! :dance4: :dance4: :dance4: I can't wait to see pictures of your new babies!