• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My African Grey Chick is sneezing help

Kashikhan

Hit the Road
Real Name
Kashif ali khan
Hello folks , My Grey Parrot 3 weeks old chick keeps sneezing from 3 days I don't know what is the reason he take feed on time and properly digesting the feed on time. I will send you the clip what he does please whatsapp me for the sneezing clips 00923457151515 Someone help me please and guide me what to do. waiting for your valuable comments,
thank you.

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
You may want to try posting this on the African Grey section as well/ instead

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
I don't know, I am new too!!
You may just have to copy the text and post as a new thread in that section.

To get to the African Grey section, click on forums and scroll right down to the individual species areas, and click on the first one, titled African Grey Alley.

Ali

Kashikhan

Hit the Road
Real Name
Kashif ali khan
Hello folks , My Grey Parrot 3 weeks old chick keeps sneezing from 3 days I don't know what is the reason he take feed on time and properly digesting the feed on time. Here is the dropbox link where you can see the video of his sneezing and the poop picture is also mention below. 20200419_030550_1_1.mp4
Someone help me please and guide me what to do. waiting for your valuable comments,
thank you.

Attachments

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
I have tagged the members in my other post so they get a notification to come check this thread out. Hopefully they will see your post soon.

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Has your bird been seen by a vet? Did a vet recommend to do the nasal flushing?

MnGuy

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Sorr; I’m not much help. It’s hard to tell what could be going on based on the information, and I have no experience with babies.

How often is it sneezing? Are there any other health issues?

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
So.... this is what I see in your video. I see you keeping a 3 week old naked african grey chick in a basket with scraps of paper, cardboard pieces and a diaper cloth. I'm not sure if you have a heat source for this baby and if you don't then your chick will develop much more serious problems. This baby needs a proper brooder with a bed of aspen wood shavings... you can cover those shavings with a few paper towels so you can clean his poops up easier. When I say 'heat source'... I don't mean a lamp over it. If this baby is chilled he may have an upper respiratory infection, a chilled chick is very likely to develop a crop infection caused by being chilled... the crop slows down and won't digest the formula. Your baby looks like it could be in big trouble if you don't make some immediate changes. What temperature are you feeding the formula? Can you do a video of you feeding? Has the baby ever coughed while you are feeding? If while feeding you accidentally cause any of the formula to flow into it's lungs he could aspirate and die.... the sneezing is of great concern.

Kashikhan

Hit the Road
Real Name
Kashif ali khan
So.... this is what I see in your video. I see you keeping a 3 week old naked african grey chick in a basket with scraps of paper, cardboard pieces and a diaper cloth. I'm not sure if you have a heat source for this baby and if you don't then your chick will develop much more serious problems. This baby needs a proper brooder with a bed of aspen wood shavings... you can cover those shavings with a few paper towels so you can clean his poops up easier. When I say 'heat source'... I don't mean a lamp over it. If this baby is chilled he may have an upper respiratory infection, a chilled chick is very likely to develop a crop infection caused by being chilled... the crop slows down and won't digest the formula. Your baby looks like it could be in big trouble if you don't make some immediate changes. What temperature are you feeding the formula? Can you do a video of you feeding? Has the baby ever coughed while you are feeding? If while feeding you accidentally cause any of the formula to flow into it's lungs he could aspirate and die.... the sneezing is of great concern.
Thank you very much i used kaytee exat formula mixing in 60 degree tempreture pf water and feeding him slightly warm. He take 5cc of feed he is in proper tempreture around 32 to 33.c last week i have used body spray in my room i guess due to the smell of body spray he got allergy. Yesterday i nebulize him with normal saline and 6 drops vantoline and flush his nostrils with warm saline because the vet told me to do this Thank God now he is fine and fresh like he was before a week.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Thank you very much i used kaytee exat formula mixing in 60 degree tempreture pf water and feeding him slightly warm. He take 5cc of feed he is in proper tempreture around 32 to 33.c last week i have used body spray in my room i guess due to the smell of body spray he got allergy. Yesterday i nebulize him with normal saline and 6 drops vantoline and flush his nostrils with warm saline because the vet told me to do this Thank God now he is fine and fresh like he was before a week.
I'm sorry but I do NOT think this is an allergy. Please refrain from using any type of spray anywhere near this baby or even in your home. Birds have extremely sensitive respiratory systems. And you say your formula is mixed in 60 degree FAHRENHEIGHT temperature? What are you using for measuring that temperature? The correct temperature for feeding the formula would be 105-107 degrees FAHRENHEIGHT. STOP FLUSHING HIS NOSTRILS.

What do you mean he is in proper temperature around 32-33 C ?? Is this the temperature of the room? Is he living in this basket? Sorry for all the questions but when people ask us for help they give us so little information to go on for us to advise on the overall health and keeping of such young babies.

Kashikhan

Hit the Road
Real Name
Kashif ali khan
I'm sorry but I do NOT think this is an allergy. Please refrain from using any type of spray anywhere near this baby or even in your home. Birds have extremely sensitive respiratory systems. And you say your formula is mixed in 60 degree FAHRENHEIGHT temperature? What are you using for measuring that temperature? The correct temperature for feeding the formula would be 105-107 degrees FAHRENHEIGHT. STOP FLUSHING HIS NOSTRILS.

What do you mean he is in proper temperature around 32-33 C ?? Is this the temperature of the room? Is he living in this basket? Sorry for all the questions but when people ask us for help they give us so little information to go on for us to advise on the overall health and keeping of such young babies.
Yes i will not use any spray again near to him. And Boiling water for feed at 60.c and picture of tempreture is below.

Attachments

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Yes i will not use any spray again near to him. And Boiling water for feed at 60.c and picture of tempreture is below.
What is that? I've never seen anything like it? Not BOILING water. 105 degrees Fahrenheit is = 40.5556 Celsius. You can feed at a temperature of 105 FAHRENHEIT TO 107 FAHRENHEIT OR 40.556- 41.6667 Celsius. If you feed formula too hot you can burn the crop on this baby. Please use a digital thermometer inserted into the formula to make sure you are feeding at the correct temperature.

Kashikhan

Hit the Road
Real Name
Kashif ali khan
I
What is that? I've never seen anything like it? Not BOILING water. 105 degrees Fahrenheit is = 40.5556 Celsius. You can feed at a temperature of 105 FAHRENHEIT TO 107 FAHRENHEIT OR 40.556- 41.6667 Celsius. If you feed formula too hot you can burn the crop on this baby. Please use a digital thermometer inserted into the formula to make sure you are feeding at the correct temperature.
I mixed feed in 60.c of warm water when feed comes to normal tempreture of 32.c i feed him don't worry I'm not feeding him very hot the thing is He was sneezing from 4 days and i was worried when he was sneezing frequently now he is better his voice is normal. And he is sleeping well i can feel that he is well for now . Doctor told me to give him Arinac syrup 3 drops and
Use nebulizer twice a day for the betterment.