• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

My 3 babies mate together..?? What to do

Hina imran

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hina imran
I have 3 babies of cockatiel.... one is girl of anothet parents and 2 are boys of another parents.... they are almost of 6 months...
i won’t take breed from them as i know they are not mature enough.... for that i put them 3 together and there is no nest box too in there cage....

From last some days i observe the bonding of girl with one boy... they cuddle, ate and slept together.... and they mate also from last some days....

BUT,
Today i saw all of three are mating:wacky:

Boys took turn one by one and girl enjoy both of them....

Is this behaviour is normal..???
What are the suggestion..?? What should i do..???

@Zara @Monica @Pyropus @Ripshod @finchly

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Get three cages, and cage all three separate.

Hina imran

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hina imran
Get three cages, and cage all three separate.
Alright... as of closures at that moment new cages are not possible... for now what should i do..??

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Yes it is normal behavior. Most people separate them so this doesn’t happen.

You do not want babies from them. Don’t give a nest.

Babies from sibling pairs often have illness, deformities, and weak immune systems. It would be horrible to have.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Are you able to rehome/sell them to people nearby?
For the amount of birds you breed, you should really keep a couple of cages spare. Even if you weren´t breeding, a spare small cage at least is a good idea in case bonded pairs fall out and need splitting urgently.
Do you have a carrier you use for vet visits? It may be small, but if you allow some flight time, it will have to do until you can get a hold of a cage.
Have you tried exploring online shopping? Not sure if that could be a possibility for you.
Failing that, maybe you could divide some of the cages you have, to create a small area for the little ones using cardboard and tying it in place with tie straps.
Most countries are still allowing trips to petshops for essentials, could that be an option?

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Can you divide a cage? I have divided smaller ones vertically and flight cages horizontally.

I used cardboard and tied with plastic ties.Of course they chew through it. Then you put more cardboard.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
For the amount of birds you breed, you should really keep a couple of cages spare. Even if you weren´t breeding, a spare small cage at least is a good idea in case bonded pairs fall out and need splitting urgently.
Do you have a carrier you use for vet visits? It may be small, but if you allow some flight time, it will have to do until you can get a hold of a cage.
Have you tried exploring online shopping? Not sure if that could be a possibility for you.
Failing that, maybe you could divide some of the cages you have, to create a small area for the little ones using cardboard and tying it in place with tie straps.
Most countries are still allowing trips to petshops for essentials, could that be an option?
Ah you beat me to it!

Hina imran

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hina imran
Yes it is normal behavior. Most people separate them so this doesn’t happen.

You do not want babies from them. Don’t give a nest.

Babies from sibling pairs often have illness, deformities, and weak immune systems. It would be horrible to have.
Girl and boy are from different parents... if i took breed from them then they will be of different parents... but i allow them to breed at age of 12 months, not now....

Hina imran

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hina imran
I have extra cages but now they are occupied with other birds.... beside this i have one more but i think it might be small for cockatiel.
But for a night i can transfer one male into it....

Online order will also be deliver tomorrow if I order now.... so night have to be pass like that....

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Girl and boy are from different parents... if i took breed from them then they will be of different parents... but i allow them to breed at age of 12 months, not now....
I see! They’re young and that’s why you worry. I agree.
The new cage will solve the problem. In the future separate them earlier.:)

Hina imran

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hina imran
@Zara

We are allowed here to move outside home on very emergency basis.... but unfortunately all shops which are allowed to open also closed at 5 in evening.... it is 6 now over here

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I have extra cages but now they are occupied with other birds.... beside this i have one more but i think it might be small for cockatiel.

Online order will also be deliver tomorrow if I order now.... so night have to be pass like that....
Yes, put one bird in the small cage, and order some cages online.

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I am also having problems with cage because I get mine imported from Germany and I cannot order any right now meaning I have a bird in a below adequate cage until I am able to order a larger one. I am compensating this by allowing extra flight time for that bird. Hopefully you only have to wait a day for your cages :)

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I am also having problems with cage because I get mine imported from Germany and I cannot order any right now meaning I have a bird in a below adequate cage until I am able to order a larger one. I am compensating this by allowing extra flight time for that bird. Hopefully you only have to wait a day for your cages :)
I do not have this problem. I have so many extra cages in the garage, we can’t put the car in. :p

Zara

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
I did have more cages, but I gifted the tall one that I didn´t like to my partners uncle, and then I gifted Adelies cage (the finch breeder cage) to his mum.
I could have had Adelies cage back, but the lady I gave Charlie to, had bought herself a cage and the bar spacing was too big, so I went and got Adelies cage, disinfected it and gave it to charlie.
Meanwhile, as I can´t buy the new cage, I will try moving the shelf higher so I can pick up a bigger cage that is twice the size of the finch cage :)

Hina imran

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hina imran
Yes i can buy from local shop by my self tomorrow beside orderinh online... tomorrow when shops are opened i will buy

Pyropus

Walking the driveway

You only got one female, and two males, you should transfer the female if you do not want her breed, and keep the males togheter if you dont have enough cages.

Hina imran

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Hina imran
You only got one female, and two males, you should transfer the female if you do not want her breed, and keep the males togheter if you dont have enough cages.
@Pyropus

Is it ok to take breed from cockatiels of 6 months old..???

What is your opinion..???