• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Mutation Help

phuqt85

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Rachael
I'm kinda new to lovebirds...inherited one from my Mother-in-law a few months ago, and got a new Lovie on Saturday to keep him company. The gradual introduction is going so much better than we expected. They are quite attached to each other already, but we're still being cautious. I was told she was a sea-green, but I think she's an Edged Dilute sea-green. She'll be paired up with a standard green orange-faced male. We may or may not breed them yet. Haven't decided. Her gender isn't 100% confirmed yet, but it's looking positive. I would like to know what possible mutations we could get from these two lovebirds, and I have to understand what she is first!

She's a very pretty little thing! Any advice on her genetics? The closest picture match i found says there may be a SF in the mix somewhere.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It looks like she has a few mutations. It looks to me like she is a seagreen cinnamon. The other mutations that I am not positive on are dilute and pied.

Matt

phuqt85

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Rachael
Thanks! I was considering pied as the top of her head was yellow, but it's hard to tell because she's definitely dilute and that messes with the color. Her rump feathers are a beautiful light sky blue and her belly is quite yellow. What makes you think she's cinnamon?

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
The yellowish-green tends to be very common with Australian cinnamons. Also, that is a sex-linked mutation and therefore it is more common in females.

Matt

Aah061211

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jorge
It does look edge dilute cinammon. Or edge dilute Pallid... Because Pallid / cinammon because of the gray wing feathers... And edge dilute because of the veiny look to the wings... Nice bird