• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

music and birds

rabbitic

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tommy (they/he)
do you listen to music with/play music for your birds? lamarr loves to listen to music with me, and i find that playing songs i played for him when he was really small puts him at ease and relaxes him. whenever i'm at my desk and listening to music he'll cozy up on my wrist or shoulder and drift off to sleep.
so, if so, what songs are you and your bird listening to right now? lamarr's favorite songs are heel turn 2 by the mountain goats and boss d.j. by sublime, lol. what can i say, i'm raising him with taste!!:dance5:

haze

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sam
Pepper likes songs that have whistling parts, his favorite is Untitled by Rex Orange County because it has a 30 second long whistle interlude. :laughing6:
He also enjoys when I sing to him or play wind instruments such as flute or harmonica.

rabbitic

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tommy (they/he)
Pepper likes songs that have whistling parts, his favorite is Untitled by Rex Orange County because it has a 30 second long whistle interlude. :laughing6:
He also enjoys when I sing to him or play wind instruments such as flute or harmonica.
i haven't thought about playing my instruments for lamarr yet! that's a great idea. i play the harmonica myself and the kalimba, and he might really like that since i sing and whistle to him all the time.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Milton the umbrella cockatoo goes crazy for Flowers by Miley Cyrus. I was not listening to Miley but was scrolling through Insragram and it came on. I looked over at him and he was doing full blown dance moves. Now we do dance party with it at least a couple nights a week.

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
Cheeky has various responses to different music but basically likes oldies but goodies. Some times she will sing along, or put her ear to the speaker. Some music arouses her to flip her wings and some causes her to strut. Just like me lol

cnyguy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Gary
Ralph's favorites are old style jazz and standards sung by people like Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin and Peggy Lee. His absolute favorite song is "Ring-a-Ding-Ding" by Sinatra. He likes classical music too, and seems especially fond of Beethoven symphonies. Music from the 60's and 70's appeals to him too-- the Beatles, Beach Boys and the Eagles seem to be his favorites of that style of music. My old YCA George was an opera fan and he also liked people who sang badly, especially when they did it loudly.

Spearmint

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elk [He/They]
Spearmint adores heavy metal music (can't say the same for me though.), he starts to do a little 'dance' back and forth and screams to the music. But if he's a bit sleepy i'll put on instrumentals from games, they're usually calming for him :D

rabbitic

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tommy (they/he)
Spearmint adores heavy metal music (can't say the same for me though.), he starts to do a little 'dance' back and forth and screams to the music. But if he's a bit sleepy i'll put on instrumentals from games, they're usually calming for him :D
i thought it was just lamarr!! i'm really someone who listens to all types of music, so my playlists are really varied in genre. but lamarr's absolute favorites always seem to be acoustic chill songs or the punk and metal songs that come on, lol. the way he acts when i put on against me or the dead kennedys is so cute and funny. i swear, every time i learn something new about his personality he just gets more silly and charming to me.

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Frankie and Dolly have background music on all day.
What we listen to is oldies but goodies and 80's and some hard rock and today's music.
Frankie loves Elvis, Dolly loves strutting and doing her whole head moves to anything with a beat. By the afternoon, we enjoy having a dance party with singing and lots of Dolly's dancing .

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
We have music on all day for the girls the radio if we are in work and play our own music when not working, both of the girls will sing along Mojo does like to dance.
Mojo's 5 favourite tunes guranteed to get her dancing -
Donna Summer - I Feel Love
Kate Bush - Running up that hill
Placebo - Every you every me
Saint Motel - My type
Journey -Dont stop believing
KiKi will chirrup away if i play Nick Cave i was listening to him a lot when she was in qt.
Yesterday i put Moon Safari on by Air and they both chirruped away before falling asleep.
They like me playing my acoustic guitar my electric guitars are not appreciated at all.

rabbitic

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Tommy (they/he)
i've definitely become a crazy bird person, because i'm making something of a playlist of songs i know lamarr really likes. can't believe i'm burning a cd for an animal who doesn't even know what those are beyond being shiny and pretty, but i've come to terms with the fact that loving a bird will make you do crazy things sometimes, lol. i might post the tracklist, it'd be super fun to compare i think

Limon

Meeting neighbors
Limon loves the song Calm Down by Rema and Selena Gomez; she loves to watch the music video of it too. Pretty intensely at that haha! She has a liking to latin music aswell.

Limon

Meeting neighbors
i've definitely become a crazy bird person, because i'm making something of a playlist of songs i know lamarr really likes. can't believe i'm burning a cd for an animal who doesn't even know what those are beyond being shiny and pretty, but i've come to terms with the fact that loving a bird will make you do crazy things sometimes, lol. i might post the tracklist, it'd be super fun to compare i think
Same here! I have a whole spotify playlist dedicated to Limon's fave songs.

BluJay

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jay [he/him]
Good source for free, commercial free, music is: Radioparadise.com Tikal loves the world mix; lots of eclectic instruments.