• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mugsy arrived, and she is a cutie.

• Thread starter M.C Bird Rescue
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

M.C Bird Rescue

Mugsy came today and she is a 2 1/2 year old female umbrella cockatoo. She lives in a too small of cage, but we are working on getting her a much needed Macaw sized cage soon. She is settling down, but is still scared. Here are a few pics of her.

Before you go on about the cage..I know its small. But the people really did try their best! She had a huge bin of toys, good diet, fresh foods...they just had no idea it would be so complicated to own a too.

She is sweet and steps up readily. Her age is just seriously against her. poor baby!

Stacy_b

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Stacy
Awe what a cutie, she looks in real good health...

M

M.C Bird Rescue

She is..just a baby at 2 1/2 years old. Shes in perfect feather and fully flighted, recalled trained. BUT..shes hormonal and attacking..so..we will see how she does in time.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
she is gorgeous

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Very pretty girl. Why did they surrender her? At 2 1/2 she shouldn't be hormonal yet. She's still a youngster.

Ginger

bookworm

Jogging around the block
Real Name
thou
what a sweet bird. at least they cared enough to give her good food and lots of toys.

M

M.C Bird Rescue

It's kind of complicated. This was their first bird and it was for the husband. The wife works full time and the bird bonded to the wife and not the husband. She was attacking and biting the husband constantly, and the wife could not handle the screaming. In all honesty NO ONE knows how old she is. they bought her $200.00 off of craigslist, and due to her attacking and attitude they couldnt handle her anymore.
If Mugsy saw the husband would attack with no warning..couldnt even be in the room.
I think she is older..she has been exhibiting some very hormonal behaviors. They also were sexually stimulating her constantly...so they just were in over their heads.

It was a GET THIS BIRD NOW..situation..no one in the family could deal with her.

sad for mugsy.

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
She is a cutie for sure, but I know the ups and downs in owning a Too from reading and watching stuff on them.

I hope she finds a good forever home with the right people.

CityGirl

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Carol
She is..just a baby at 2 1/2 years old. Shes in perfect feather and fully flighted, recalled trained. BUT..shes hormonal and attacking..so..we will see how she does in time.
Crystal she is adorable -- gorgeous, actually!

Those darned ol' hormones. I had my foster Ekkie in for a physical on Friday, and my veterinarian said this is a really rough year for hormones because of our strange weather. Fortunately, my little girl (yeah, I'm adopting her!) is doing quite well -- hasn't laid any eggs in a couple months and hope to keep it that way for as long as possible.

I am assuming Mugsy is your baby and not up for adoption(?). She sure is a pretty girl! The best to you both! :)

M

M.C Bird Rescue

Crystal she is adorable -- gorgeous, actually!

Those darned ol' hormones. I had my foster Ekkie in for a physical on Friday, and my veterinarian said this is a really rough year for hormones because of our strange weather. Fortunately, my little girl (yeah, I'm adopting her!) is doing quite well -- hasn't laid any eggs in a couple months and hope to keep it that way for as long as possible.

I am assuming Mugsy is your baby and not up for adoption(?). She sure is a pretty girl! The best to you both! :)
OH NO!!! Mugsy is TOTALLY available for adoption..eventually. I just need to see what the issues are. She seems like a sweet typical too though. So..I don't see what any problems could be that any experiencd handler couldnt deal with.

Shes available..so are 2 other U2's here!!! hahah

CityGirl

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Carol
OH NO!!! Mugsy is TOTALLY available for adoption..eventually. I just need to see what the issues are. She seems like a sweet typical too though. So..I don't see what any problems could be that any experiencd handler couldnt deal with.

Shes available..so are 2 other U2's here!!! hahah
I should have read through all the posts... :p

I feel so bad for toos... our rescue is overflowing with them.

If only (more) breeders would be a bit more careful when placing babies in homes. Education is so important, and while all new bird owners need to be educated, there are a few species that just don't get half the chance the others do because their appeal tends to over shadow the facts that need to be fully understood. :(

I'm glad she is with you -- I'm sure you'll do everything you can to make sure she gets a good, forever home! :hug8:

1parakeet

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Jessyca
Aww. She's a pretty bird. :hehe: Mugsy is a cute name for a parrot. :)

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
It's kind of complicated. This was their first bird and it was for the husband. The wife works full time and the bird bonded to the wife and not the husband. She was attacking and biting the husband constantly, and the wife could not handle the screaming. In all honesty NO ONE knows how old she is. they bought her $200.00 off of craigslist, and due to her attacking and attitude they couldnt handle her anymore.
If Mugsy saw the husband would attack with no warning..couldnt even be in the room.
I think she is older..she has been exhibiting some very hormonal behaviors. They also were sexually stimulating her constantly...so they just were in over their heads.

It was a GET THIS BIRD NOW..situation..no one in the family could deal with her.

sad for mugsy.
Hormones do not need to be involved for that kind of behavior although it would certainly take it up to a new level.

She looks beautiful and from what I am reading she is just being a TOO.

There are no bad birds and just bad owners. This case is a prime example of buying on a whim and having no idea what they're getting into. So very sad and yet more and more common all the time. :(

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
What a gorgeous girl. Poor thing. I hope you are able to find her a forever home.

Status
Not open for further replies.