• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mr Pigeon is back and he´s bullying the birds!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
It´s been about 6 months since Mr. Pigeon has been down to my balcony. Anyone remember him? I have spotted him on the roof in front a few times over the months bet he never came down (not while I was here anyway).
About a week ago he turned up. Mignled in nicely with the doves and sparrows... alright, ok.
But for the last few days he´s been bullying all the birds. Attacking and chasing the doves and the sparrows. I´m sorry Mr. Pigeon but you are no longer welcome here because you´re naughty. Yesterday I saw him picking on the doves, trying to peck them so I went out and shooed him off. The doves stayed.
Today he was back, pushing the doves around again. so I shooed him away again. The doves will happily sit on the railing and aren´t scared of me.
We shall see. There are plenty of seeds down on the pathment under my balcony where the doves tip food over, so there is not no food avail for him.

Here he was when he was being nice last week;
(don´t mind the poop, i got bombarded over the course of a day and a half!)

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
You could put large netting over the balcony allowing the smaller birds to get in, and the pigeon can't get through to bother them :)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I don´t think the doves would like a net. They like to sunbathe on the railing too, a net may get in their way.

Skum

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Bruce Bergeson
It´s been about 6 months since Mr. Pigeon has been down to my balcony. Anyone remember him? I have spotted him on the roof in front a few times over the months bet he never came down (not while I was here anyway).
About a week ago he turned up. Mignled in nicely with the doves and sparrows... alright, ok.
But for the last few days he´s been bullying all the birds. Attacking and chasing the doves and the sparrows. I´m sorry Mr. Pigeon but you are no longer welcome here because you´re naughty. Yesterday I saw him picking on the doves, trying to peck them so I went out and shooed him off. The doves stayed.
Today he was back, pushing the doves around again. so I shooed him away again. The doves will happily sit on the railing and aren´t scared of me.
We shall see. There are plenty of seeds down on the pathment under my balcony where the doves tip food over, so there is not no food avail for him.

Here he was when he was being nice last week;
(don´t mind the poop, i got bombarded over the course of a day and a half!)
When I first moved into my flat 25 yrs ago(before I had my first tiel Henry) a mother dove and her 2 offspring were hanging around on my kitchen windowsill. I didn't know anything about birds at the time but liked them and would talk to them. One day I went to work and left the window open and when I got home the 2 babies were in my kitchen and wouldn't leave and had ate the remains of my marmite covered toast. I couldn't get them to leave and they stayed for 2 days until I finally chased them out. Now I regret not having let them stay