• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Mr Peepers is purring/singing and being a fat puff ball

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Mr Peepers is quite talented. I just love his peeperness.
You might have The Adventures of Mr Peepers & Grumpy Cat movie in the works.

:rofl:

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
It's amazing how hugely tiny birds can inflate themselves. :rofl:
He's such a little cutie, and a wonderful singer! He is rewarding you for nursing him back to health by being an adorable chirpy little stinker and I'm sure you wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm very happy he is healthier without air sac and scaly mites on his feeties even thought he's the most annoying funny noisy attention freak peeping dang canary I've ever had in my life, I wouldn't want it any other way you are right :)

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
What kind of pedi perch is it? Some of them are ghastly neon colors that i wouldn't blame a bird for avoiding.
Also, have you tried putting it in his favorite sleeping spot or the highest spot. It's not good for them to use the pedi perch for sleeping, but just temporarily so he can see that it's not going to come alive and eat him! :wideyed:

It's a puke green color, all the other colors looked really glow in the dark neon and I wouldn't go there all I need it Peepers to think he's in a disco at night when I put the cover over his cage, he'd be partying singing and drinking in the wee hours of the night and look like a sorry drunken mess in the morning.

Hey maybe a party pedi perch is not a bad idea, maybe he'll be quieter in the morning? :D ;)

I think I might buy a calcium perch he might like that better but I have to make sure its not a horrible neon color and all I've seen are pink red and bright blue colors.

He avoids his cuttle bone and only Kung Foo drop kicks his mineral block in his cage now so I want him to rub his beak and chew on something so this type might be better.

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
@wyrinth

I thought about moving the pedi perch up higher where he usually sits but I think he'd avoid his safe spot to stay away from the perch. I don't want to do that to him I don't want him to sit on a pedi perch for long hours during the night either so I will have to devise a cunning plan. ;) :D :rofl:

wyrinth

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
I got the sand perch, the "cockatiel" sized one..which is a pinkish tan color, not too offensive. They weren't scared of it, except the first few times they landed on it, you would've thought it was made of fire :wacky:.

Insight Sand Perches at PETCO

He's kicking the mineral block? Maybe he doesn't like it, my birds kick each other when they are establishing hierarchy (when I have all the little fledglings and they all seem to land on each other :)

pajarita

Walking the driveway
My canaries prefer cuttlebone to anything else (canaries are not fond of colored things). But, are you sure Mr. Peepers is a male? Because if the vocalizations he made on the video are his 'song', Mr. Peepers might be a Ms. Peepers.

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
I got the sand perch, the "cockatiel" sized one..which is a pinkish tan color, not too offensive. They weren't scared of it, except the first few times they landed on it, you would've thought it was made of fire :wacky:.

Insight Sand Perches at PETCO

He's kicking the mineral block? Maybe he doesn't like it, my birds kick each other when they are establishing hierarchy (when I have all the little fledglings and they all seem to land on each other :)

Yes he kicks his mineral block and sometimes holds his foot on it he use to do this same thing to a small mirror toy he had up on the top perch where he likes to hang out but I removed that toy from the cage. Who knew this was a fighting stance when establishing hierarchy :roflmao: I don't breed canaries so I never knew here I thought it was just a crazy little quirk of his !!!!!!!! :rofl:

I will check around for the sand perch maybe this will work thanks for the link and advice. :)

Mr Peepers

Cruising the avenue
My canaries prefer cuttlebone to anything else (canaries are not fond of colored things). But, are you sure Mr. Peepers is a male? Because if the vocalizations he made on the video are his 'song', Mr. Peepers might be a Ms. Peepers.

He's definitely a cock bird.