• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mr No Manners u.u

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitsunee

Moving in
Real Name
Candi
Quite recently I just become the guardian to a 3 year old eclectus who had to be rehomed due to his owner moving states. I don't know much about the history or..his feeding,training or handling habits as he was dropped off with a friend who works at a petshop. So far i have learn't he knows step UP quite well but always heads straight for my shoulder..which i think needs to be modified a bit, is starting to speak a few words, whistle, make crazy sounds LOL and is clipped WHICH at this moment could be a good thing while we are getting acquainted. Anyway my concern is how hard he uses his beak when playing with fingers I'm not sure if it's just beaking or the early stages of biting ..either way I want to stamp it OUT. What method would be best to train this boy? I've been introducing the clicker but he's not interested in any treats I offer so far OR taking them from my fingers..he'd rather chew or bite the hand that feeds u.u ..above all I do love him and really hope to condition and shape him into a great companion even if he ISN'T crazy on cuddles YET :p

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Bump.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.