• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Moth at the back door.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Wow, those are stunning!

Kind of love the centipede too but I don't think I'd be able to move her using a glass and a sheet of paper! We only get teeny tiny ones here

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Wow, those are stunning!

Kind of love the centipede too but I don't think I'd be able to move her using a glass and a sheet of paper! We only get teeny tiny ones here
Ohh I’m so sorry! I forgot to tag you in my above post, I got sidetracked being silly.
The centipede was actually really easy to trap under a glass, I put it outside to continue its exploring. :)

faislaq

I have a macaw and don't post enough photos
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
How neat! I'm surprised by how many folks are scared of 'em. I'm with @Gigibirds, I've just always thought of them as less-pretty butterflies.

@tka Your story about your roommate is my favorite! :toofunny:

AussieBird

My opinion on moths is, i don't have one :lol: They can stay outside and i'll leave them be. I don't quite know how someone can be scared of them... but everyone's different i guess :shrug:
I actually think i've seen moths just as pretty (if not prettier) then butterflies.

Zara

Try to be a rainbow in somebody else´s cloud ❤️
Super Moderator
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Anything that is several times larger than what it is 'supposed' to be is scary.
What if it were a bunny? Or duckling? :chin:

Khizz

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
For me, with moths it's their erratic unpredictable flight pattern, you can't just swat them away. I'm not too keen on butterflies flapping at my face either but I rarely have butterflies harassing me in my home anyway :lol:

At least with birds I know if I bring a heap of millet I know exactly which direction they are heading in :rofl: