• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

More water drop photography

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsmoscout

Rollerblading along the road
IMG_3419-watermark.jpg

IMG_3422-watermark.jpg

IMG_3454-watermark.jpg

This is the one in my sig pic:
IMG_3458-watermark.jpg

IMG_3460-watermark.jpg

IMG_3467-watermark.jpg

The inspiration was originally from an episode of Time Warp on the Discovery Channel featuring photographer Martin Waugh, who's amazing work can be viewed here: Liquid Sculpture - Water Drop Art

hsmoscout

For some reason I haven't been getting the longer, thinner columns that I got when shooting with the p&s a while back, so next time I might add some soap to the water, which I'm told should fix that problem.

helloyo53

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Brandon
Those are very cool! If I may ask, how did you do it? I've been trying to do it, but then wishing I had 4 arms. :p

hsmoscout

Those are very cool! If I may ask, how did you do it? I've been trying to do it, but then wishing I had 4 arms. :p
My super high-tech setup:
IMG_3315.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Soon I'm going to try a setup similar to this:

Last edited:

helloyo53

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Brandon
That's some cool stuff! So that piece that goes with the flash unit, that would just mount on the the camera's hotshoe, correct?

Boy I wish I had the money to buy something like that. :p

hsmoscout

That's some cool stuff! So that piece that goes with the flash unit, that would just mount on the the camera's hotshoe, correct?

Boy I wish I had the money to buy something like that. :p
Yep, that's correct. He said the wireless thing is only 20 pounds on eBay, which I don't think is that much when converted to US currency.

hsmoscout

Some different version of the first two after some PP in Gimp. I think a went a little overboard on the editing for some of them, though. I guess it just depends on personal preference.
IMG_3419+contrast-watermark.jpg

IMG_3419+edit-watermark.jpg

IMG_3419+edit1-watermark.jpg

IMG_3422+edit-watermark.jpg

IMG_3422+edit1-watermark.jpg

IMG_3422+edit2-watermark.jpg

Last edited:

helloyo53

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Brandon
Oooh, I have to say, the yellow ones are my favourite! They are so nice!

By the way, what camera do you use again?

helloyo53

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Brandon

Canon Rebel XS. For these I like to use my 18-55mm kit lens.
Hmm, that's the camera I was looking at. Do you like it? You just got it for Christmas correct?

Sorry for all the questions...

hsmoscout

Hmm, that's the camera I was looking at. Do you like it? You just got it for Christmas correct?

Sorry for all the questions...
I love it. It's a great step up in quality from my old p&s and there are a lot more possibilities to be explored with it. You can put it in full manual so you can tweak every setting to get the perfect pic (much easier said than done.) I love that you can shoot in RAW, although I haven't been yet, but I think I will soon when I'm really serious about photography. Right now I already have to upload them, resize them, and, if I choose too, put my watermark on them. I will have to see how long converting the files takes. The one thing I don't like about DSLRs is the cost of accessories.
Don't worry about asking so many questions, that's exactly what I did when I first got into photography! Asking questions has taught me most, if not all, that I know about photography.

avianantics

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Shelly Wing
That is just amazing. I stand in awe of those of you with camera talents. I have a point and shoot digital, all automatic, and I still take crappy pictures! :-(

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
:omg: They're coming out fabulous!!!
Love love love the Gimp ones :D

bubblelady

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Maureen
Wow, A.J. You are getting really good. Photography was my dad's hobby (like 80 years ago!) so I grew up watching him in the dark room, developing & enlarging & experimenting. He had only black & white to work with, & had to set up flood lights etc. He would have LOVED all the things you are doing. You truly do have an artist's eye!!!! I look forward to seeing more :)

Status
Not open for further replies.