• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

More sprouting supplies on their way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
I just placed an order with mumm's sprouting seeds. Why? I have heard of a few people ordering there in the past and being pleased and after having once again visited the website, I figured it would be worth trying a few things, specially since there is free shipping to Canada with orders over $25 (free shipping to the States with orders over $50).

I got a few of the sprouting jars - at less than $2 per jar, they just seemed worth it and I like how they supply some netting to allow the jars to drain while upside down without emptying the content. While it is something that could be easily done by oneself, I can't be bothered to go out, find some jars, find some proper netting and the proper lid part.

I also ordered a few seeds, namely broccoli, green kale, kamut, mung beans and quinoa. While I was tempted by some of the peas and lentils, I do still have quite a bit of Avian Vitality mix from Avian Organics and will finish those packages before I order any more peas and lentils. The quantities I ordered of each varied.

I'm looking forward to receiving my order and am quite happy that the seeds are certified organic. While I don't always feed organic produce to my flock, I do try to obtain some things once in a while.

I will of course post again once the order comes in!

Deejo

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Doris
They have great products; you will be very pleased.

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
They have great products; you will be very pleased.
I'm also quite please with your Avian vitality mix - never fails! And the birds adore it :D

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
I stumbled upon this site recently as well and was considering placing an order. Can't wait to see yours! :)
I'll be sure to let you know what I think. So far, just dealing online, things have gone very well and got very prompt emails confirming order was received and apparently they do send emails when they have a tracking number when orders are shipped.

It's not hard to get to the $50 for the free shipping in the US..I was a bit short of the $50 myself but it's because I showed some restraint and they didn't have any adzuki beans because I would have added some of those to my cart for sure!

Nikki

Hit the Road
Real Name
Nikki
I have never heard of them, I will have to check them out. Can't wait to see your order.

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
I'll be sure to let you know what I think. So far, just dealing online, things have gone very well and got very prompt emails confirming order was received and apparently they do send emails when they have a tracking number when orders are shipped.

It's not hard to get to the $50 for the free shipping in the US..I was a bit short of the $50 myself but it's because I showed some restraint and they didn't have any adzuki beans because I would have added some of those to my cart for sure!
I actually have a pretty fantastic selection here at my local health food stores; I think that's why I never ordered. But I never remember to write down prices when I go to the store to compare :o: There's also the fact that I'm perfectly happy with the sproutability and of course the convenience of TOPs :) Right now I'm very into growing wheatgrass. Charles and Sabrina have a little pot in their cage that they've been feasting on and they love it!! :)

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha

I actually have a pretty fantastic selection here at my local health food stores; I think that's why I never ordered. But I never remember to write down prices when I go to the store to compare :o: There's also the fact that I'm perfectly happy with the sproutability and of course the convenience of TOPs :) Right now I'm very into growing wheatgrass. Charles and Sabrina have a little pot in their cage that they've been feasting on and they love it!! :)
I had ordered a bag of TOPs seeds to sprout (it says on the bag that it can be used that way) and I tried a few times but it never worked..I'm actually trying again now.
Who knows..could work now.

Status
Not open for further replies.