• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

more eggs

allen

Jogging around the block
i guess i will be verry busy as i have 2 pairs with 6 eggs each here is pair 1 eggs pair 2 are like vampires they get you and won,t let go

P7090719 (600 x 450).jpg P7060718.jpg

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Oh look at them...:eek: they are piffed off at you!:D

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
ye syou will be very busy!!

allen

Jogging around the block
this is the pair that has killed the chicks at 2 weeks old this is there 4th clutch so i will pull them just before that

melissasparrots

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Pretty babies. Its nice to see someone still breeding the non-white faced cockatiel. Seems like they are all the rage now. My amazons are sitting on two fertile eggs. My quakers laid infertile. I think they might be ready for retirement. Can't wait to have my own little babies to watch in a couple weeks. Assuming Oscar doesn't crack the eggs. He pitches a fit every time I go in to clean.

allen

Jogging around the block
yes the wf are nice but i still like the orange cheek out of the 13 cockatiels 2 are wf but 11 are orange cheek

allen

Jogging around the block
ok in all my years as a breeder i have had wied dealing with customers and 1 have had 2 in one day i have had 2 in 2 days but never 1 hatch 1 day then the next day 2 hatch yes you read right here is the proof

P7180751 (600 x 450).jpg

allen

Jogging around the block
the second one was not due till the 19th and the third not till the 21st

allen

Jogging around the block
ok wednesday night first chick thursday morning 2nd chick thursday night 3rd chick this morning 4th chick

P7200763.jpg P7200760.jpg P7200761.jpg P7200762.jpg

allen

Jogging around the block
ok so #5 is pipping the egg shell so it should be out tomorow now i see something that is not normal the first egg hatched wednesday so the last one shoul not hatch till next saturday but here is what has happened

wednesday chick 1
thursday chicks 2&3
saturday chick 4
chick 5 tomorow
and who knows with chick 6

Silvra

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lauren
Wow, that's very strange. Might it be to do with the weather, is it warm there? Good though, if chick 6 hatches near to the others then there won't be any huge age gaps.

Cockatiel chicks are sooo fluffy and cute compared with the ugly little parrotlet chicks that I'm used to :D

allen

Jogging around the block
sad news chick 4 never made it

and yes i believe it is to do with our weather it has been like 108-113for the last 10 days thank the good lord he gave man the ability to make airconditioners

allen

Jogging around the block
we just had the fith hatch but since 4 died this makes 4

allen

Jogging around the block
ok after 4 clutches of chicks being killed bye either mom or dad i caught the culprit red handed DAD is the killer i took dad out there is a little blood but i hope and pray there is no pernament damage it will be hard on mom for 2 weeks as she has 4 chicks so far with one more to hatch i may have to pull a couple early if the last egg hatches that will be 5 i have hand fed a 5 day old chick and that is miracle 2 she was under weight and small for her age but she has gone from 5 grams to 65 grams

Last edited:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Are the babies OK? Some birds make bad parents. Has this happened before?:(