• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Monkey World visit- October 2020

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
This is a different camera and I'm still trying to get the hang of it, hence the lack of monkey pictures and bad quality. Also Monkey World is also hard to get pictures at as their enclousures are designed for the animals not the people. How it should be.

I saw the slow loris for the first time, but it was too far away and dark to get a picture.

Ok, not Monkey World but I took it this morning before we left. Spot...
DSCN0485.JPG

Swing!
DSCN0548.JPG
Nom nom nom, fire hose!
DSCN0572.JPG
Peek-a-boo
DSCN0558.JPG
That's the spot!
DSCN0524.JPG
DSCN0539.JPG
One of the lab monkeys. These are from Britain, Spain and France. There are also 88 capuchins rescued from a Chilean lab from tiny 2ft by 2ft mesh boxes. Any UK members that watch 'Monkey Life' will probably have seem it happen.
DSCN0536.JPG

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Love them all! Even Mr lab monkey, he´s beautiful ❤

Honestly such a shame we still test on animals when there´s jails full of murderers and rapists all over the world. Blurring because I really don´t want to derail the monkey thread.

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Love them all! Even Mr lab monkey, he´s beautiful❤

Honestly such a shame we still test on animals when there´s jails full of murderers and rapists all over the world. Blurring because I really don´t want to derail the monkey thread.
I totally agree with you on that. Really really terrible. They are beautiful now, some of them have long, golden coats. Just a few years ago they were bare skin :( .

I don't think it's really derailing a thread.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Where did the Orangutans come from?

Reactions: Ali

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
There is one capuchin who is always on his own. He is in a large group, but is always in a seperate enclosure area, joined with the rest by the indoor house. He was a pet rescue. It's really taking it's toll on him. I hate leaving him. He sits right at the front talking to everyone and being really social. Then he gets anxious when he is alone. This is what the pet trade does to wild animals. There used to bea Saki Monkey, Jethro. He passed away last year. He would sit at the window watching the world with his tongue partially out. He was our favourite. We miss him.

Ember-Tiel

Jogging around the block
There is one capuchin who is always on his own. He is in a large group, but is always in a seperate enclosure area, joined with the rest by the indoor house. He was a pet rescue. It's really taking it's toll on him. I hate leaving him. He sits right at the front talking to everyone and being really social. Then he gets anxious when he is alone. This is what the pet trade does to wild animals. There used to bea Saki Monkey, Jethro. He passed away last year. He would sit at the window watching the world with his tongue partially out. He was our favourite. We miss him.
Do you have any pictures of him?

Ali

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Where did the Orangutans come from?
Various.
Other zoos (mostly orphaned), pets (yes, seriously there is one from South Africa that was kept in a house and fed sweets), and some born at the park. There are quite a few groups of them. Monkey World is the European Crèche for orphaned Orangutans, so they get all of them. It is so cute to follow the babies as they grow up (they have the longest childhood of any primate besides humans)

Today, one of the younger ones was playing with a large 'bin'. He put it over his head and walked around. It was like that part in just about every film where small things cross a road under a cup lol. Then the other ran over and jumped on top if him!:roflmao:

Ember-Tiel

Jogging around the block
Nope. He was too close to the mesh tube able to zoom through it. He looks like Dexter the capuchin from Night at the Museum if you have ever seen that?

Or do you mean Jethro?
Jethro.

Reactions: Ali

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Oh gosh beautiful! Fantastic pictures!

BirdWorld

Rollerblading along the road
Today, one of the younger ones was playing with a large 'bin'. He put it over his head and walked around. It was like that part in just about every film where small things cross a road under a cup lol. Then the other ran over and jumped on top if him!:roflmao:
One I saw a squirrel do something similar! I had left a cup out in my backyard and a squirrel came out and played with it! He rolled it around, then stuck it on his head and walked around with a cup as a hat :rofl: And when I walked over to try and take a picture of him, he scampered up a tree and watched me very carefully until I left!