• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mom had to be removed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patricia

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Patricia Lippai
I have baby budgies and I had to remove the mom as she is chasing them and nipping at them and making them scream.Everytime they get close to the feeding dishes and water or even if they get close to the shelter for them, she freaks out and chases them.The oldest is 34 days and the youngest is 31 days.they all eat fresh food and pellets with some seed and millet and they drink and climb up to the perches by themselves.Are they old enough to be on their own yet.I have tried to hand feed them and two take it no problem,the other one only wants it's pellets etc.What do I do♥:confused:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ive never fed or weaned budgies before, but found this article for you. I would say if they are wanting a feeding, give it to them. You want them to eat on their own too, but its better to feed if they are wanting it than to let them go hungry if they arent eating enough on their own.

The Weaning Process

Last edited:

Birdlover

Avian Addiction!
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
That is great news!! Need more pics too :D

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
I say if they are still taking the handfeedings then continue to give it to them. They will let you know when they no longer want to be handfed and will refuse to take any formula.

Status
Not open for further replies.