• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Mom do you have to take shower pix?? ... yep I do!! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

deee

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
View attachment 71908

Zaz has a nice sturdy shower pech,but he doesnt like it.I cant aim the water back that far either unkess I use the hand held
but the force is too strong. His other mom said they just put him on this travel perch in the floor of the tub,so I thought
what the heck! HE repels water to beat the band. I spray a whole bottle of water and it just rolls off. So... I did this.. in the tub!
I kept him in there for 10 min and he was barely wet at all! at least I can move the perch around in hopes of wetting all sides. He
sat there just like this the whole time.. didnt squawk raise his wings or anything.. he just kept raising his foot to step up! He wanted
out as soon I turned off the water! lol How do you shower your bird??

luvsgreys

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Stephanie
Aww Zaz is very handsome! :) I know what you mean about the greys repelling water. Emmett takes a good long soaking to actually get his feathers wet. I'll turn the shower head on low-medium water pressure so its like a steady rain, but not too strong..and will hold him on my hand under the spray. He likes it like this because I am able to keep his head out of the spray. Little prince Em doesn't like to get his head wet. :p Olivia lacks the dander Em has, so her showers are short and sweet. They really enjoy showers, and get at least four or more a week. :)

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Thats exactly what I use Dee except I am in the shower with him. :lol: I have to aim the water just right..Carlos doesnt like to get his head wet.:lol: When he relaxes and gets into it, he spreads his wings and gets his body wet. Their feathers do repel water a lot but if they stay in there, they usually start getting wet. Cute pic!

Cattoes7

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Debi
What an adorable picture of Zaz!! My TAG, Lizzy, repels water too. And doesn't like the shower but loves to be misted. It takes forever to get her wet just misting her with a water bottle!

deee

Avenue Veteran
Thats exactly what I use Dee except I am in the shower with him. :lol: I have to aim the water just right..Carlos doesnt like to get his head wet.:lol: When he relaxes and gets into it, he spreads his wings and gets his body wet. Their feathers do repel water a lot but if they stay in there, they usually start getting wet. Cute pic!
I showered with him too when we used his shower perch.. I think hes just used to this way and maby didnt want to be up so high. Who knows. Once I held him and he slipped from my hand. I know this looks like hes totatly in the water and he was for this pic... but I was constantly moving him around on the perch his head was out always. I was singing and dancing hopeing to get a reaction... didnt work lol

deee

Avenue Veteran
What an adorable picture of Zaz!! My TAG, Lizzy, repels water too. And doesn't like the shower but loves to be misted. It takes forever to get her wet just misting her with a water bottle!
He was in there a good 10 min.. how long does it take? I mostly let the water run down his back His chest was dry! at least his feet are clean lol

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat

He was in there a good 10 min.. how long does it take? I mostly let the water run down his back His chest was dry! at least his feet are clean lol
He really needs to open his wings. Their wing feathers have the most water repellent feathers. Sometimes Carlos doesnt get that wet, it really depends on him. 10 minutes is long enough but he has to let the water hit the feathers underneath his wings. A lot of times after he goes back to his cage, he continues on trying to get in his water dish. :lol:Just keep trying and maybe try the water spray different ways to see if he likes it more. I usually make a big deal out of it too saying "whee" and silly things like that. :)

deee

Avenue Veteran
Wish I knew how to do to the fance dancy quote thing u guys do in posts lol Zaz didnt mind his wet head, I didnt let his head get spray for long.. he just sat like a bump on a log! lol WE have a huge walk in shower he just didnt like being on the wall perch I guess. How long do u leave him in?

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat

Wish I knew how to do to the fance dancy quote thing u guys do in posts lol Zaz didnt mind his wet head, I didnt let his head get spray for long.. he just sat like a bump on a log! lol WE have a huge walk in shower he just didnt like being on the wall perch I guess. How long do u leave him in?
Just click the reply with quote button at the bottom right of the screen. :D He'll get used to it, just keep trying. I dont usually have Carlos in there more than 10 minutes or so. I usually cut it short because I have to take my own shower! :lol: My husband comes and takes him from me. :p

deee

Avenue Veteran

He really needs to open his wings. Their wing feathers have the most water repellent feathers. Sometimes Carlos doesnt get that wet, it really depends on him. 10 minutes is long enough but he has to let the water hit the feathers underneath his wings. A lot of times after he goes back to his cage, he continues on trying to get in his water dish. :lol:Just keep trying and maybe try the water spray different ways to see if he likes it more. I usually make a big deal out of it too saying "whee" and silly things like that. :)
yeah I was acting pretty goofy too trying to get him to move around lol he wasnt buy'n it lol I kept aiming the water trying to wet his chest without drowning him lol... ill keep trying :) Thanks.

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
I have the water hit his back and if it is just righhhtttt....:lol: then he starts to like it and he will open his wings or drop his wings so his back is getting hit with the water. It took him awhile and still sometimes he's "not in the mood". :rolleyes:

Theresa

AKA TMS
Administrator
Chief of Police
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I know that look :D What has worked with Corkey is the outside hose on mist, the misting seems to penetrate better. My birds all like COLD water best. If I put ice in Lucy's water bowl she takes a bath :lol:

deee

Avenue Veteran
I have the water hit his back and if it is just righhhtttt....:lol: then he starts to like it and he will open his wings or drop his wings so his back is getting hit with the water. It took him awhile and still sometimes he's "not in the mood". :rolleyes:
Well this is the second time on the tub floor.. he didnt shake or pant...nothing. Hes been pretty dusty,tho my housekeeper (BILL LOL) doesnt complain I try to keep it under control.. tonight there was a tiny white fleather floating,.. Bill cought it and handed it to me... hint hint... shower time! lol

deee

Avenue Veteran
I will just keep trying... I could sure tell that is what hes used to from his other house. Hes happy now thats for sure.. hes talking a 100 MPHdoing his telephone convos lol

deee

Avenue Veteran
I know that look :D What has worked with Corkey is the outside hose on mist, the misting seems to penetrate better. My birds all like COLD water best. If I put ice in Lucy's water bowl she takes a bath :lol:
Years ago we had a CAG a TAG and a U2. Our neighbor had a ZON she would bring it over and we put all their cages on the patio
under the sprinkler.. they absolutly loved it!! One day this summer I might try that with Zaz :)

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat

Well this is the second time on the tub floor.. he didnt shake or pant...nothing. Hes been pretty dusty,tho my housekeeper (BILL LOL) doesnt complain I try to keep it under control.. tonight there was a tiny white fleather floating,.. Bill cought it and handed it to me... hint hint... shower time! lol
Boy that Bill likes his house neat huh? Ut Oh....:lol:

Bridgette

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Bridgette
Adorable pic :heart::heart::heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.