• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Milton and friends are adoptable

Alien J

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Janet Rush Van Eyck
That's so wonderful to hear that he found the perfect home. I just know Bob is so thrilled and watching over him. Thank you @sunnysmom for loving him so much and making sure he went to the perfect home no matter how long it took.
You are truly an Angel on earth :heart:
Yes, you certainly are, Michelle!

Sarahmoluccan

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Sarah
That's so wonderful to hear that he found the perfect home. I just know Bob is so thrilled and watching over him. Thank you @sunnysmom for loving him so much and making sure he went to the perfect home no matter how long it took.
You are truly an Angel on earth :heart:
I feel the same way too! I did add Milton to your Christmas card as I thought you were still fostering him :oops: I'm sorry about that. I'm extremely happy Milton has been adopted to a great home!! That's excellent news :heart:

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Bob is smiling at both of you my dear. :hug8:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I feel the same way too! I did add Milton to your Christmas card as I thought you were still fostering him :oops: I'm sorry about that. I'm extremely happy Milton has been adopted to a great home!! That's excellent news :heart:
No worries. Milton will always be part of my family. : )

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Thanks everyone for your very kind words. Taking care of Milton was a special experience. He is a wonderful bird and although I am sad about the circumstances that brought him to me, I enjoyed getting to spend time with him. I know Bob would have done the same for me. It's what friends do. I miss Milton but am happy knowing he found a new family that already loves him so much.

Wthensler

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
William hensler
It warms my heart to hear of Milton’s adoption. No bird on this entire forum has received as much love and attention as he has.

He deserves nothing but the best! Thank you so much for all you’ve done for him! Bob is smiling and awaiting more stories…

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
It warms my heart to hear of Milton’s adoption. No bird on this entire forum has received as much love and attention as he has.

He deserves nothing but the best! Thank you so much for all you’ve done for him! Bob is smiling and awaiting more stories…
Milton does deserve the best for sure. I told his new family about the first time I met Milton. I was so nervous on the way there- I felt like I was meeting a rock star. LOL. I never would have predicted then that I would eventually be taking care of him. You never know the curves life will bring. But I love that Milton's new family is interested in Milton's past and Bob's stories. :heart:

d_msparkles

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Awww!! I am making a pact with myself to check in more regularly here, even if it’s just to browse and say hello. I am over the moon that Milton has a new family!
@sunnysmom I echo what everyone else has said. What a wonderful friend to people and birds you have been. :heart:

Wthensler

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
William hensler
Milton does deserve the best for sure. I told his new family about the first time I met Milton. I was so nervous on the way there- I felt like I was meeting a rock star. LOL. I never would have predicted then that I would eventually be taking care of him. You never know the curves life will bring. But I love that Milton's new family is interested in Milton's past and Bob's stories. :heart:
I once offered to care for Milton temporarily, but the distance (I’m in FL) made it about impossible. Even though I’d never met him, I knew he and I would bond, I felt it in my heart.

I know how to deal with those special, spoiled birdies, even if they occasionally get the upper hand (ongoing battle, lol).

Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart! Of course Milty is a rock star!

Nancy B

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Nancy
Milton has been adopted. :heart: (The tiels and budgie have not yet been adopted but are all doing well.) I was waiting to see if Milton's adopters were going to post something first before I said anything. They have been on the forum and have read Bob's stories and know about "Bob the Goalie". I am happy to say that Milton hit the jackpot with them. They're a very nice couple who can provide Milton with all the love, time and attention that he needs. I was really particular about who would adopt Milton. I knew in my heart the type of home/people he needed and although it took a while, we finally found them. I hope that they will join the forum and keep everyone updated. If not, I will ask if I can share his stories with you. They have been great about keeping me updated and have told me I am welcome to visit Milton, which I so appreciate. I want him to settle in more before I do but do plan on visiting him eventually. My boyfriend was in the hospital when Milton left and didn't get to say goodbye to him which he's sad about. So, he really wants to go and see Milton too. Having Milton leave was really hard and I definitely shed tears. However, Milton is now going to get to live his best life. I think Bob would be pleased.

Oh Michelle! I am so happy Milton found a home and the new people will join the forum!! Looking forward to new updates! :heart: