• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Midwest 2100 cage? Electroplating

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlottalyn

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carlie
I just got this cage from Petsmart yesterday (in box, clearance for $25!!! :omg:) to use as an outdoor cage. It's light enough that I can set it up and get it outside by myself, there's no way I'm able to move his regular cage out there! And I've been feeling bad that we've been outside so much lately with him stuck inside. Anyway, I thought I'd check with you guys and see if anyone has had experience with it or other electroplated cages. Just want to make sure it's as safe as they make it out to be.

The first link is the basic info, second link is a Q&A on it.

2100 - Bird Cage with ABS Plastic Pan Midwest Pets
Birdcages, Flight Cages, Pro Bird-Cages, Collapsible Birdcages.Lowest Prices!

Thanks! :D

Last edited:

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
I used one of those for Percy for his cage for a while and my sister used it for her bird I did not like cleaning it but had no problems other than that

pineview01

They sell the same cage for cats with a couple shelves in it. They also have the same cage with shelevs and ladders for ferets which is what I had.

Never thought to use it as an out side cage now the little guys are gone.

MollyMouse

Biking along the boulevard
Sorry Carlie I'm not sure about electroplating hope you get some good advice. It sure seems like a great bargain!!

carlottalyn

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carlie
Thanks everyone! :D We've gone ahead and used it, it's certainly not the greatest quality but it's spacious, he seems to like it, and the price was right! Plus with the money I saved I was able to buy a bunch of perches/toy parts heh heh. ;)

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
those are perfectly safe I used them for 2 1/2 years for my Blue Quakers, Conures and Cockatiels

Midwest has a Factory down the road from me - So I know there stuff is made in the U.S.A. and not China,they're also the ones who make the Avian Adventure cages.

only reason i got rid of them is they're pure hell to clean I had to clean each side of the bar on its own

BUT since it's only going to be an outside cage - I'm sure you won't have no where near as much trouble as I had. since it was my birds cage all the time.

Last edited:

carlottalyn

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carlie
Great to hear, Kelli! Yeah it's definitely not one I'd want as an indoor cage, but for outdoors I think it'll be ok, especially since the little piggy doesn't usually eat out there. He's a flinger haha. Thanks for the reassurance!!

Mystics Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Tanya
i use them as out side cages alot.....but i take it off the base put patio stones down and set it on top of them then i can just hose them down...you can fit 4 in a big screened in gazebo:D

atvchick95

Real Name
Kelli
Great to hear, Kelli! Yeah it's definitely not one I'd want as an indoor cage, but for outdoors I think it'll be ok, especially since the little piggy doesn't usually eat out there. He's a flinger haha. Thanks for the reassurance!!
your welcome

the only thing different between the one you got and the ones I had, is you have the newer version the tray slides out (looks like it anyway) mine didn't and i had to take the cage off the base to clean the base - big pain in the butt specially when there were nest boxes attached made it very heavy lol

carlottalyn

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Carlie
Yikes that would be a PITA!! The tray does slide out on this one, thank goodness!

lol Tanya, sounds like you've got it figured out! :D Good idea with the patio stones...question though (probably a dumb one lol), how do you keep it upright without the base to snap into? Maybe I'm just not picturing it right. The sides and tops are just so flimsy by themselves.

WenM

Real Name
Wendy
wow, what a deal!!! That is a nice cage!!

Status
Not open for further replies.