• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Meditation and fids??

Status
Not open for further replies.

MollyMouse

Biking along the boulevard
Hi everyone
Was just wondering if anyone here does meditation and has it had any effect on your birds? I have just started to include my quaker Molly. I have her in the room with me with some relaxation music and I meditate for a short while. I find she really quiets down (as she is always so noisy) Maybe it's the relaxed atmosphere or music? Not sure but it seemed to work. Does anyone here use music around their birds?:smileflower:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
I play music, but usually something pretty up tempo

I like your idea and might try something a little more relaxing and see how it affects them

Holiday

Mac Mama
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Maybe it's the relaxed atmosphere or music? Not sure but it seemed to work. Does anyone here use music around their birds?:smileflower:
Mine seem to like it when I sing to them, but Elvis won't let me play much music (she really dislikes loud sounds). The slow soothing stuff sometimes works okay, though...

4Z Birds

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Donna
I don't meditate, but my birds LOVE music!...Calypso music and old musical soundtracks for party time (I have one BF here who LOVES "The Sound of Music"...tries to sing along off key...mostly la, la, LA!!!!).

When the decibel level gets too loud, my husband will play something soothing...not sure if he does it for the birds or himself!:p

By the way, MollyMouse, I love the Molly picture in your signature! I just want to mush on those cheeks!!!

Big Blues

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
All of our birds love low volume easy listening music to fall asleep at night.

Kayaker

Jogging around the block
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
George
Mine like music, but when Bridgette my green wing starts to get loud, I put on the Beatles, she immediately starts singing to it, LA LA LA, Its fun because she stops singing between tunes and only sings along with the words.:dancing:

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
I play the Oldies station during the day for the birds when we are at work. I have some pet meditation CD's that I have used with them. They are pretty cool. :)

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
Well I've never tried meditation but when I tried yoga I had a little Lovie running in and out of my sleeve, up and down my back and hanging off my hair in my face. Needless to say it was not relaxing, but it was fun.

Ginger

emilybsharp

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Emily
ive never tried it, but i would like to start!!! great idea, i kept wanting to read this thread but i kept wandering off

JLcribber

@cockatoojohn
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
John
Well I've never tried meditation but when I tried yoga I had a little Lovie running in and out of my sleeve, up and down my back and hanging off my hair in my face. Needless to say it was not relaxing, but it was fun.

Ginger
:hehe::hehe::hehe::lol::lol:Meditation and cockatoo is a contradiction in terms!!! :D

LittleBirdAirlines

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Lindsey "Lynz"
My bird Nibbles loves music. I play-up beat stuff and down tempo. Animals cannot understand "music" as a whole because they do not have rhythm, but the calm low tones they can definitely recognize. I've never seen my bird still for more than a few seconds and when she is I get scared XD (if you see a conure that isn't being goofy you might want to take it to the vet! Hehe!) But I do play a lot of lounge/chill out music normally during the day and it seems to calm her greatly sometimes. But... she'll never stop moving x3 I don't think it's 100% the music (part of it though) but the fact that you are showing them "it's time to chill out".

Birds are little balls of energy. It all depends on the bird/environment IMO.

During the night my bird likes it a loooooot. During the day... depends on Miss Attitude's mood. x3 But god forbid I try to sing to her, even lowly. She thinks I'm trying to talk to her most of the time and started chirping back. Or sometimes she just plain old tells me to SHUT up in her own special way, by getting in my face and shoving her beak in my mouth. Or nips. XD Like okay.. I get it. Gross little bird haha.

If you need anything relaxing send me a PM. I have an entire computer full of... well everything.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.