• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

medicine on birds feathers

Rebka

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
rebecca
So i was giving my bird her medication and i accidentally got it on the feathers and eye. The eye is fine i think,i also sprayed her with water and the yellowish colour si gone.i am tho concerned about the smell. it still smelles like medication and idk i don t want it to rott on her and then while preening to ingest the rotten medication. This is supposed to stay in the fridge. she doesn t let me touch her belly so i can t wash her .
i am so scared. sorry for the mistakes i am not native and also in a hurry
thanks

Tommy95

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Thomas
Perhaps giving us the name of the medication would help those who know advice better.

May you get your answer soon.

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Knowing what kind of medicine would help. My guess is that the drugs in the solution need to be kept cold otherwise they become less effective. I don't think the medicne will rot if kept outside the fridge: I doubt there is much harm if she does ingest it from preening.

Does your bird like to bathe? If so, offer her her preferred way of bathing - it might be a large, shallow bowl of water, a running tap, a perch in the shower, misting from a spray bottle or wet greens to flap around in. If you don't know, try offering these things and see how she responds. Let her get as wet as you can.