• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Meaningful photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaBirdMom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Janet
I have two to add to this thread. The first one is the very first 'pro' photo I ever set up and shot. It's of my little Alex, who just turned 12 this month. I call it 'Mommy's little Superman'. He's been the best little dog in the world. I kind of rescued him from a show kennel (not a nice one) when he was 10 months old, and he has worshipped me ever since. He was my first grooming competition dog, too.
The second one was taken two days before, on Sept. 11, 2001. We had gone to New York City, our first visit. We were staying across the river in a hotel in New Jersey. We were there to meet and work with a professional pet photographer. I'll never forget the night of September 10th..standing there looking at the gorgeous NYC skyline. We were tired, having driven most of the day..my husband said, 'why don't you get the camera out and get some shots'...to which I replied, 'no, it will still be there tomorrow night'. Of course we all know the rest of the story. We were just about to head out of our hotel room the next morning, and our first stop was going to be the Twin Towers. The only reason we weren't standing in one of those buildings when the plane hit was due to the fact that we had dogs with us..and I wanted to leave a little later in the morning so they wouldn't be left alone too long in the hotel. We got in the car as the towers burned, trying to find a place to get breakfast, and just in shock from what was happening...and how close we came to being in real danger.
Just goes to show that you never ever know what each day will bring...I try to cherish each and every one.

Attachments

birdman78

Real Name
John
These are the pictures of my reenlistment. Both Kim and Noel stood beside me when I took my Oath. Even knowing the long hours of work and deployments I go on, they still stand by my side. I just hope one day I can repay them for all there support they have given me. I love them so very much.:heart:

Attachments

Zelle

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Zelle
This is during the first year I was dating my now husband of 10 years. It reminds me how blessed I was to have step-kids that accepted and loved me right from the beginning of our relationship.

Attachments

Emmilyy

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Emily
I just found an old memory card, with these pics.

This is Waffles. Waffles was *my* very own first pet. He was the sweetest boy, ever. he died from cancer in 06.

Attachments

Lex123

BamaBirdMom- That picture of 9/11 gave me sad and very happy memories. Sad because of all those people that lost thier lives that day, but happy, because my little sister was born on 9/11. We watched the news as my mother was giving birth! She is a great kid and trust me. Her birthday has it's advantages-no one in the family forgets it!

Riley's mom

Real Name
Cindy
Sammy came into our lives because his previous owner passed away and his wife did not care for the bird. Sammy sat in his cage and was self-mutilating his wing and had done some pretty severe damage before she contacted me to take him. For 16 months we loved him and did everything we could to try to break this cycle. Many, many vet visits and doctoring his wing. Through it all, he was a trooper, but it was becoming obvious that he was becoming more and more upset with being doctored. One cloudy afternoon, Sammy dug at his side and hit an artery. He bled out within minutes and there was nothing I could do. To this day, he is sorely missed and I'm writing this through tears. I will never forget his brave fight and the love he gave us.

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.