• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Me again..... and the cage conundrum

Odin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
ok, there is no way I can have a beautiful flight cage shipped here.... too expensive. However, I still want to get princess Sherbiebird a new cage.

This one is accessible, affordable and I can get it here in town.
cage.jpg

This is almost exactly what she has now, only about 20 years old....
preview.jpg

What do you guys think? Maybe I am being too vain? Odin lucked out with a huge, victorian, scrolltop cage. It was a good price. I cannot get another one at that same price.... :(

Applebutter

Jogging around the block
image.jpg I think you might need a larger, longer base/ bottom. Can you find one like the one I have Jellybean in? It was only $35 at the pet shop.

Menagerie Mama

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heidi
From the looks of it, the top option in Odin's post is actually bigger than Jellybean's cage...I have one just like the blue and white (in green and white; couldn't get all white) for my two zebra finches and actually wish I'd gone bigger for even those tiny two. I have no idea if it would be good for Sherbiebird, hoping someone more knowledgable will chime in.

As with any cage discussion, get ready to hear about alternate perches to the uniform wooden dowels ;)

Applebutter

Jogging around the block
I believe the specs on mine are 24x16 x16 and this is the cage I'm using until tomorrow when my new cage arrives

Odin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
I went and got it, and brought it back. I need to be patient :/

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
What if someone here in da States bought the cage you wanted for you and then had it trans-shipped, from one private citizen in USA to you. Would it still be so difficult to get what you want that way? I know my one aunt has relatives in Canada and she gets a big load of presents and food and such together every November and ships it to her Canadian relatives. She says there are different rules for shipping presents to family; apparently more relaxed rules: than a lot of companies encouter when shipping commercial products.

When I was working in home decorator workshops. We would buy furniture here in USA, make up custom drapes and cover custom furniture and then put it in a shipping container and ship it overseas to the middle east, china, africa and also to places like the carribean and puerto rico. We never shipped to Canada though so I don't know rules for Canada. But trans-shipping by a factor is apparently something that happens quite often and can be quite financially advantageous.

I don't know. What do you think? Still too expensive?

Odin

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
I'm not sure will see

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
@Odin I'm sure there are members here who would be willing to do what LFC suggested. That's kind of what I was asking when I PMed you!

JosienBB

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Will Glitter Pets in Mississauga ship to you? They have an A&E-esque flight cage for about $150.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
I just thought of something. I am an Amazon Prime member and get free shipping on just about any product I buy. So if you order something from Amazon, there will be no initial shipping costs if it isn't really, really heavy.