• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent May have swalloWed poison plant

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
My husband mistakenly sat my bcc perch next to a philodendron that ordinarily she couldn’t get to and it appears she has chewed on a leaf. Can’t find where she spit it out so I have to think she may have swallowed it. Does anyone know what it might do to her. I’m calling a vet now

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
I’m not sure, but hopefully she will be okay! How is she doing?

Donna turner

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
She’s ok this morning. Bright eyed and bushy tailed but the vet is going to take blood in the morning to check and see if her kidney function is ok. I’m not even sure if she chewed on it last night or in the past. I didn’t know my husband was setting her perch where she could reach it. Hate for her to have to go through the blood draw again. It scares me

Donna turner

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
Just talked to the vet again and after doing research she said it wouldn’t affect kidneys, just irritate mouth and throat. So I don’t have to draw blood. She showed no signs of a problem when eating last night or this morning so I think we’re ok. Phew !