• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Math? I can't READ much less do MATH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I have a brand new bottle of Sunshine Factor sitting in front of me. Shelf life on this stuff is only 18 months from it's packaging date, so yes, I can sometimes read. (Also the original bottle I had [discovered outdated] was AviX Sunshine Factor - since Harrison's replaced it for me, I'm assuming this is the same thing)

Daily dose for birds on the literature says 0.02-0.06 ml per 100 g body weight.

I'M OLD! WHAT HAPPENED TO OUNCES, TEASPOONS AND THE LIKE?

I know I couldn't weigh the birds in ounces so I'm blessed that the kitchen scale has a magic button that did that for me. Secret weighs 343 grams - MC weighs 347 grams (or at least I think it was grams/they're Amazons).

Can anyone out there do math? Otherwise I have to text my son . . . . and although he does math quite well, he's not fond of my parrots and once he realizes I'm looking into their health more than my own, will truly think I've gone off the deep end . . . . .

I just don't want to overdose my little buddies.

wonderb

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
It doesn't need to be terribly exact. It's a food, not a medication. But according to the dosage recommendations you'd use between 0.068 ml and 0.206 ml per bird.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Diabetic syringes? You're AWESOME! Thank you! I'm going to the pharmacy tomorrow. Why didn't I think of that??????

Yeesh.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Wait. On the syringes will it say ml?

adinafloyd

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Adina
Wait. On the syringes will it say ml?
If its not the diabetic ones, ask the pharmacy, they will be able to give you the ones you need. I have an assortment of different sizes for meds/vitamins. They can also mark one for you to give you dosage. Id go in between Mrs Ellens numbers, approx 0.14 per bird is midway.

I was trying just to edit my previous post to put that in there and its not there anymore:confused: I guess I killed it but anyway....

Last edited:

Welshanne

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Ann Burdett
If the solution goes thick why not put some on a finger of toast and offer it to your birds? Mine eat theirs this way daily and only take what they need themselves? do not think you can overdose if they are having to digest it as the birds are not daft and will know what they like and do not like. If they are in need of it they seem to eat more . Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.