• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Urgent Maroon Bellied Conure - Scaly/Scabbed skin?

babybird1

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi there! I noticed this issue about 20 minutes ago after checking the usual spots that my bird (Baby, age 5ish) is plucking in. She’s been a plucker ever since I adopted her and I have had her tested at the vet previously for genetic issues related to her plucking. It’s been a hard road and recently we started coconut oil which was awesome! She didn’t pluck at all. But I just noticed these skin patches they’re quite inflamed and seem to be itchy. I’m calling the vet in the morning to schedule an appt, so she will be getting in asap. I just want to see if anyone else has dealt with similar before. Photo is a tad blurry but you can still see the issue. Also it’s mainly on this one side but I can see issues starting on the other. 2CFA4A0E-FD10-4E4F-9597-2FDC67DAFF00.jpeg

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Bump