• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Male or Female? 9 weeks old

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Male, and handsome too ;)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Aww He´s adorable!!!:loveshower:

Budgiebonkers

aka Pandapaws23
Avenue Veteran
her cere is way to white to be a male

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Yeah, not sure about her/him...Does not look full male & is a bit rosy for female but I would say female.

Ripshod

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
If you look carefully at the 'white' you'll see it has the blue haze, like mother of pearl. I think for now just refer to him as 'it'.

Heron

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Kendra
Thanks everyone. When I look at photos of cere’s of baby boys and girls Jade has characteristics of both. It’s a very sweet bird, very much a baby. Jade does like exploring and playing with toys and head bobs quite a bit. I’m having a great time with the bird. It is rather cuddly, seeks me out for attention and asks for and head and face scritches while making little noises. I really wasn’t expecting that and Jade will probably out grow it but I’m totally loving it for now.

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
I was thinking female too, but I'm fairly new at sexing. Whatever gender this beauty is - gorgeous! Welcome here!

TinyFeathers

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
I think Male. He has adult feathers which usually means the cere is developed or developing. Males usually have blue. But I may be wrong. Not sure. On my budgies, after the adult feathers (dots on face) developed the color became pink or blue. Luckily somehow i always ended up with a male and female. One pink one blue.

Babies all have blue, could it be possible the pink is just starting to show? Maybe try waiting it out a little, just in case the full coloring is still coming in.

Last edited:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
For accuracy I really think the bird needs to be older. This cere could change. I will bet on female.