• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Macaw feet

Ana Sofia

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ana Sofia
Hey guys!

I hope someone can help us…

I was wondering if this is “normal”

(his feet is orange cause of the veggies so don’t worry about that part)

I’m just not sure about his toe… looks a bit different and also a back part of one of his fingers…

Hope someone can help us here!

thanks in advance!

Attachments

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Your sweetie has rather fat feet to me, almost swollen looking but I'm not sure if it's anything to worry about.

1. is that band on his ankle nice and loose? If it's tight or has no room to spin freely it has to go.
2. Does his other foot look the same?
3. Can you get me better pictures of these two spots and the other foot?

AC5B954F-E4E5-4961-83F5-A3184A6BB004.jpg

Ana Sofia

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ana Sofia
Hey…!

1. yes completely!
2. and yes, his feet is normal is just about the toe part and such. he is just 6 months old
3. will do

Ana Sofia

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ana Sofia
Your sweetie has rather fat feet to me, almost swollen looking but I'm not sure if it's anything to worry about.

1. is that band on his ankle nice and loose? If it's tight or has no room to spin freely it has to go.
2. Does his other foot look the same?
3. Can you get me better pictures of these two spots and the other foot?

View attachment 403620

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Perfect. Your sweetie has pretty ugly feet for a cute little baby. :rofl:

So is your main concern the cracking looking parts?

Ana Sofia

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ana Sofia
what does that mean? why do you say he has ugly feet?

well.. whatever looks different I am just wanting to know if he requires a vet check or what…

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
:laugh: Chubby. He has chubby old man feet for a baby.

With the addition of your other pictures I don't see any cause for concern or cause for vet check.

Ana Sofia

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ana Sofia
I respond you with message instead:) Im curious to know whats the cause of those not nice feet

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
What I see is that the toes and feet look swollen. May just be his individual makeup or he could be retaining
fluids.

The two little spots on the one foot should not cause any worry.

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'm going to assume he's going to be a big guy with those big feet. Has his feet always looked like this? JaKhu (my B&G) had chubby feet for a few months after I got her at age 4 months. She actually kept tripping over her feet. They lose skin off their feet the same as we do. If your home air is dry it can cause dry skin. So you will see this now & then. However any cracks with red are concern. That would require a vet visit. I also suggest you train him now to let you wipe his feet/toes with a wet cloth after eating anything messy.

Ana Sofia

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ana Sofia
I'm going to assume he's going to be a big guy with those big feet. Has his feet always looked like this? JaKhu (my B&G) had chubby feet for a few months after I got her at age 4 months. She actually kept tripping over her feet. They lose skin off their feet the same as we do. If your home air is dry it can cause dry skin. So you will see this now & then. However any cracks with red are concern. That would require a vet visit. I also suggest you train him now to let you wipe his feet/toes with a wet cloth after eating anything messy.
hello! thank you for your answer! yeah he had his feet big and chubby since we got him! he is a hybrid of blue throated macaw & harlequin! he is already bigger than a blue throated macaw and 6 months old! but actually in this pic his other feet looks extremely dry and a part a bit open… is that also what you mean?

Attachments

Ana Sofia

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ana Sofia
What I see is that the toes and feet look swollen. May just be his individual makeup or he could be retaining
fluids.

The two little spots on the one foot should not cause any worry.
thanks for your answer!

He had his feet look swollen since we got him.
He is a hybrid of blue throated macaw and harlequin so I am not sure if that can be just the way he was born as you mentioned pr I don’t know. he does plays and does everything normal, he don’t seem to complain about his feet just very itchy since he has a lot of pin feathers tight now.

our house is indeed a bit dry so we try to add a humidifier and so. however in that dry feet of him I am also concerned about the small open part

Attachments

Toy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
hello! thank you for your answer! yeah he had his feet big and chubby since we got him! he is a hybrid of blue throated macaw & harlequin! he is already bigger than a blue throated macaw and 6 months old! but actually in this pic his other feet looks extremely dry and a part a bit open… is that also what you mean?
Yes, but some cracked is OK, as long as it's not exposing red areas or bleeding. You can rub his feet with aloe gel. Try to use plain 100% clear aloe gel, not scented or colored.

Ana Sofia

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Ana Sofia
okay thank you very much! any idea how to prevent this things to appear?

Toy

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
okay thank you very much! any idea how to prevent this things to appear?
During winter months, when it's dry inside, rub aloe gel on his feet. How often will depend on the level of dry air, his system, etc.