• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Macaw and cbd

Larryirl

Moving in
Real Name
Larry Byrne
Moving 3 parrots most concerned about macaw new inviroment. Any information on cbd oil dose or amounts. Should help I will be spending a lot of time with her when she moves. Only with her 1 hr a day as i am getting place ready for move.

Xoetix

Biking along the boulevard
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Moving 3 parrots most concerned about macaw new inviroment. Any information on cbd oil dose or amounts. Should help I will be spending a lot of time with her when she moves. Only with her 1 hr a day as i am getting place ready for move.
This really needs to go through your avian vet. There's not been enough research done on the effects of CBD and birds for anyone to make a determination without knowing your bird and their medical history.

Larryirl

Moving in
Real Name
Larry Byrne
They prescribed anti psychotic medication. Anything like that of can be avoided I'd be all for. Horrific really. I'm not s strai
This really needs to go through your avian vet. There's not been enough research done on the effects of CBD and birds for anyone to make a determination without knowing your bird and their medical history.
Thanks for your opinion. Have medication I wouldn't take myself so that's why I'm here to find out . But thanks. Different option not a spirit breaking medication is what I am looking to find out about. Thank you

Toy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
IMO it's not needed. Get your new place set up as much as possible. Then move your birds. Talk to them. Tell them you are all moving to a new home. Explain to them each step, when, why, how. Let them know it'll be OK. Once moved take each one on a slow walk thru the new home & explain things to them as you walk. Try to do things as you did before & keep to your regular routine.

haze

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Sam
CBD sounds like a bad idea. They will probably be nervous but I think it would be better to just let them adjust as the other commenters have said.

Larryirl

Moving in
Real Name
Larry Byrne
IMO it's not needed. Get your new place set up as much as possible. Then move your birds. Talk to them. Tell them you are all moving to a new home. Explain to them each step, when, why, how. Let them know it'll be OK. Once moved take each one on a slow walk thru the new home & explain things to them as you walk. Try to do things as you did before & keep to your regular routine.
Thank you so much what I needed to here. Some faith and trust and faith and trust. Thanks for the hope ❤

Larryirl

Moving in
Real Name
Larry Byrne
CBD sounds like a bad idea. They will probably be nervous but I think it would be better to just let them adjust as the other commenters have said.
Thak you I have the medication I don't want to use in case so that's OK. Thanks everyone. I will be spending 7 days with them probably 12 hrs of the day or 7 at least. Thank you. Quick quack