• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures M' Boys (Rats)

Perocore

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Arik
I figured that since I occasionally mention 'em, I'd introduce my rats! They're my babies, and I love them very much, and they me. Hugely underestimated companions, for me they're absolutely perfect, minus the lifespan issue.

Styles

Styles is my diabetic/epileptic (vet didn't diagnose so it's uncertain) dark-eyed-white boy! He's Isaac's brother, and more of a person-rat than a rat-rat. He tolerates his rat-pack, but prefers my company. Very happy to be out and about with me, he's harness-trained, and I'm working on registering him as an official Emotional Support Animal. He's the same age as Isaac, about 11 months now! He has a small issue with chasing birds, but otherwise he's quite well behaved. Only one of my boys who can go out in public with me.

Isaac
Isaac is a silly little creature. And by little I mean massive- even for a domesticated male rat! He's huge, over 2 pounds, and I've been told by rat breeders that he's quite the handsome fella. He's very sweet, holds my hand when I'm upset, and sort of just loves everyone. He's taken up position of mediator in the rat-pack, and is quite protective of his buddy, Sasha. He doesn't really care if the other two bully him, he's just kind of content with everything. He likes cuddling to an extent, but once he's done that is that and he is gone, haha. He'd be good in public, like his bro, but has panic attacks sometimes, so I don't take him out to avoid stressing him.
((Old old picture...I'll get an updated one shortly! This was the first meeting of Issac and Sasha. Isaac just had a bath here, which is why he's floofy!))

Sasha
While Styles and Isaac came from a breeder, Sasha was more of a surprise. A local rescue got a litter of surprise babies in, and when I saw the picture of this little runt, I couldn't help myself! I originally hoped he would be a playmate for Styles, who is more active than Isaac, but instead he and Isaac bonded almost instantly. Born this year, he's about 6 months younger than the other two, and going through his teenage phase right now. He's very sweet with me, and loves kissing my chin and cuddling, but is stranger-aggressive, and for some reason counts my family as strangers...so I'm the only one who can approach him, but I love him to bits.

Jeddy

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Jan
Awwww what sweethearts. :heart:

Jazzy*

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
abbie
I love pet rats! I have rescued many over the years.

Their so much not have and all so different like parrots :)

QBird

Jogging around the block
Rats are such lovely pets :)

Perocore

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Arik
Thank you all for the compliments (not that Isaac needs to be any more vain)!

And yeah, rats are pretty awesome companions! I still think the perfect companion would be a ratxparrot mutant XD