• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Lulu The Lovebird

dRyken

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Derek
Today I went to "The Mill" a farmer supply store around my area. They usually have a cage full of barn cats up for adoption. I was wondering around the store and long story short I ended up adopting a LoveBird (Picking her/he? up tomorrow morning). They had her in a small cage in the bathroom, it broke my heart and I had to give her/he a new home. I am not sure of the sex/age, I already give her/he the name Tango. Hopefully Tiki gets along with her new pal.

Pictures will come tomorrow!

Lovebird Lady

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia
Congratulations on your rescue. Lovies are near and dear to my :heart: I've got two :heart:

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Congrats

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
congratulations...pics please.

Kolkri

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Angie
Awww your so nice. Gratz on the new bird.

dRyken

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Derek
Thank you guys! Lulu is doing some weird Shaky thing.. why?

She doesn't look in pain, I can see there might have been a spot under her wings where she started to pluck but doesn't seem to be bothering her.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Lulu is a very pretty lovebird!

Matt

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
She is reguritating food and then re-swallowing it. Some birds do this as a habitual nervous 'tick'. Also, is she really young? Clutchmates often reflexively feed one another and she may be acting out that behavior.

dRyken

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Derek
She is reguritating food and then re-swallowing it. Some birds do this as a habitual nervous 'tick'. Also, is she really young? Clutchmates often reflexively feed one another and she may be acting out that behavior.
They said she was "no more then 4 years old"

Lovebird Lady

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvia
That's exactly what she's doing :) When they are older and reach sexual maturity, usually two to three years, especially the males, behave in this same manner, fluffing out their feathers, raising their wings slightly and head-bobbing to regurgitate, as a way to entice a mate to sexual activity.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Four years old. Hummm. You may have a cock bird instead of a hen. Only my lovebird cocks try and regurg for me; the hens never have offered me even a seed! Are they sure the bird is a hen?

maddie

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Malene
oh he/she is absolutely adorable :heart:

And the regurg thing - my male lovie Tequila does the exact same, and usually only when with me. Sally never does it, not even to my husband with whom she has a very close bond.
I'm with Laurul Feather Cat, you may have a new little guy in your life! :)

dRyken

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Derek
Maybe Lulu is a guy! Hopefully he still likes his name :p I do have a female IRN so maybe he was doing that to her. Might be a good idea to get Lulu and Tiki DNA'ed

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
I rescued two two year old brother cats from euthanasia about three years ago. They were named Audie and Lilly. The people who owned them thought because "Lilly" had random white spots on his body breaking up his grey tabby markings, the he was a she. It was only when they cook him for his "spay" operation that they learned he was a tom. "Lilly" answered to his name, but the name bothered me, so I decided to call him Lillen and after a very short three weeks he learned the new name and accepted it. You could change Lulu to Louie and I don't think the bird would notice much. It seems as long as the name starts with the same sound, they adjust quickly.