• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lucy and Miss Birdy Update

txdyna65

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
Hi everyone, its been awhile since Ive posted anything on Lucy or Miss Birdy, so I thought Id do so. Lucy is still her comical self. She flies more in the house now, but always right back to her cage. Im working on getting her to fly and land on me, shes come close but not yet. Shes been loving the outdoor aviary and loves for me to sit out there with her and play her favorite songs so she can sing along. We've tried having Miss Birdy out there with her, but Lucy just goes after her, so we split time out there.

Miss Birdy is totally a mommas girl, she will sit with my wife for hours if you let her and flies to my wife anytime my wife asks her to. She is the sweetest girl and doesnt have a mean bone in her body. She will also laugh when my wife laughs and do all her little sounds and gives lots of kisses. She gets pretty wound up in the evening, and that gets Lucy going as well. I think Lucy wants to make sure she is louder. She still wont eat veggies, but at least we have her off seed and she eats pellets and some fruits. She hates to bathe, but running the vacuum gets her to sort of bathe in her water bowl.
Anyways sorry so long of a post, just wanted to update on them. I still come here every day, just havent posted alot lately.

Lucy in the aviary
Lucy aviary 10.jpg
Miss Birdy in the kitchen window, one of her favorite places to be near my wife and watch the birds outside.

Miss birdy window.jpg

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
They are gorgeous :)

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
So happy to read that all is fine with you. :)
I hope that Lucy one day will accept Miss Birdy so they at least can share some outside hrs together in the aviary.
Miss Birdy really sounds like my Akela, that is the sweetest ever. :heart:

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
Such beautiful, wonderful girls. e32b.png

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
So glad to hear from you!!!!

Princessbella

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Hi everyone, its been awhile since Ive posted anything on Lucy or Miss Birdy, so I thought Id do so. Lucy is still her comical self. She flies more in the house now, but always right back to her cage. Im working on getting her to fly and land on me, shes come close but not yet. Shes been loving the outdoor aviary and loves for me to sit out there with her and play her favorite songs so she can sing along. We've tried having Miss Birdy out there with her, but Lucy just goes after her, so we split time out there.

Miss Birdy is totally a mommas girl, she will sit with my wife for hours if you let her and flies to my wife anytime my wife asks her to. She is the sweetest girl and doesnt have a mean bone in her body. She will also laugh when my wife laughs and do all her little sounds and gives lots of kisses. She gets pretty wound up in the evening, and that gets Lucy going as well. I think Lucy wants to make sure she is louder. She still wont eat veggies, but at least we have her off seed and she eats pellets and some fruits. She hates to bathe, but running the vacuum gets her to sort of bathe in her water bowl.
Anyways sorry so long of a post, just wanted to update on them. I still come here every day, just havent posted alot lately.

Lucy in the aviary
View attachment 304930
Miss Birdy in the kitchen window, one of her favorite places to be near my wife and watch the birds outside.

View attachment 304931
They are beautiful and look very happy! We love updates!

txdyna65

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
Is miss Birdy an OWA??

They look lovely! :heart:
Yes she is, we adopted her from a lady early last year who couldnt care for her anymore. We had thought she was 15 or so, but come to find out she was hatched in 97, so she is 22.
She is a sweetheart but she is pretty much a one person bird and loves my wife. She will take treats from me through the bars occasionally but thats about it.

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Yes she is, we adopted her from a lady early last year who couldnt care for her anymore. We had thought she was 15 or so, but come to find out she was hatched in 97, so she is 22.
She is a sweetheart but she is pretty much a one person bird and loves my wife. She will take treats from me through the bars occasionally but thats about it.
Still glad the wife has a friend though.

txdyna65

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
Still glad the wife has a friend though.
I am too, I was hoping when we got her that she would prefer my wife. She was heartbroken when we lost Mango, so its really nice to see them together getting along so well.

txdyna65

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Kenny
Miss Birdy soaking up some sun in the aviary. She loves it out there which is the good part, the bad part is, she has started these loud calls for attention so she can be put out there.
She uses the whole aviary, unlike Lucy who only uses maybe 2 branches in there.

aviary miss birdy.jpg

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Miss Birdy soaking up some sun in the aviary. She loves it out there which is the good part, the bad part is, she has started these loud calls for attention so she can be put out there.
She uses the whole aviary, unlike Lucy who only uses maybe 2 branches in there.

View attachment 315987
Secret would like to join her then. Try hearing crows at loud volume........

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
Miss Birdy would love a friend, she wants to be friends with Lucy so bad, but Lucy isnt having any of it.
such beautiful girls! :fairy:
My OWA Polly has also tried very very hard to be friends with Pepper, a BFA female, but Pepper says absolutely not.
OWAs are just the friendliest girls!

Clueless

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Miss Birdy would love a friend, she wants to be friends with Lucy so bad, but Lucy isnt having any of it.
Secret is an eagle disguised as a BFA. I don't think she is a friendly sort. Look at avatar picture. Pinned eyes are frequent.

Hjarta5

Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jennifer
Thank you for the updates and photos of your beautiful Lucy and Miss Birdy :heart:

Are you still keeping up with the Fitbit, @txdyna65 ? I need to with the cold weather coming!