• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lucky me, lucky Beni.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fluffypoptarts

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I've had my oldest PFLB, Benibara, for about 3.5 weeks now. He has settled in nicely, and much more quickly than I anticipated. He is the first bird I've ever officially adopted, by the way (though I once had some birds left on my doorstep). When I read about the issues that so many rehomed birds have and the pain and deprivation they've suffered in previous homes, it makes me realize how fortunate Beni and I have been. He has only had one owner for the last 8 years, and she loved him. Even though Beni has been with me a short time, he has accepted me and allows me to cuddle with him. He has a neurotic finger-gnawing behavior that I've pretty much trained him out of (apparently not too entrenched), but that's the only thing I've had to address with him. He has never bitten me, even the times when another lovebird might have (when I was a relative stranger and had to reach into his cage to do things). Now he's eager to come out and cuddle up to my face. I'm grateful to have found Beni. I daresay he's glad to have been found by me, too!

beni.jpeg

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Beni is a cutie. Glad she is settling in well.

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam
Adorable!

Naiera

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Alyssa
He is so handsome. I love wild type peachface colors - that pink face is impossible to resist! He looks very comfortable and healthy in that picture. I'm so glad that you two have found each other and he'll be happy and loved. His cage looks magnificent, by the way.

Hope you post about him more (with pictures of course)!

JudiNH

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Judi
Awww...he's adorable. Congratulations! And, I love his name. :heart:

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He is so handsome. I love wild type peachface colors - that pink face is impossible to resist! He looks very comfortable and healthy in that picture. I'm so glad that you two have found each other and he'll be happy and loved. His cage looks magnificent, by the way.

Hope you post about him more (with pictures of course)!
He would be very pleased to hear you say how handsome he is! He thinks so, too, of course. I have been wanting a white-faced violet PFLB (or a similar mutation) for a while, but well, little Beni needed a home. :) He does seem comfortable and healthy to me, too - I was worried he'd go through stress and stop eating, but he was eating just fine the very first night I brought him home! And he loves having his picture taken, so I'm getting a collection to share. ;D

I do love the little fellow. I'm just amazed that it worked out so well. I lucked out in that the previous owner gave me that huge cage with him, too (though I'm slowly changing out his toys because I'm not sure some of them are safe for him). Told me I HAD to take it because he'd been in the cage since was a little chicklet, and I must never put him in another cage. I was like, "O-ok...are you sure you don't want to charge me anything? At all?" But she didn't. She just wanted to make sure he had a good home before she had to move to Australia.

fluffypoptarts

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Thank you! She had 9 or 10 other people who wanted to adopt him, but somehow I was the one who lucked out. THAT doesn't happen very often! XD I hope to make the second half of his life at least as happy as the first. By the way, your lovies are beautiful! I want to cuddle them every time I see your sig!

Status
Not open for further replies.