• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lovebird changing colour

phancy

Moving in
Meet my Natsu, she used to have a fully red head and neck. But ever since this spring molt she has been changing to have a yellow back of the head and neck, her tail is also losing its red color. The red that she still has seems to be fading in color too. she was born in 2018 according to her ring. I've attached a few pictures to explain the issue better. does anyone know if this is something I should worry about, or is it normal?

Attachments

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Very interesting.

Have you shown your vet?

@expressmailtome might know something. I don´t know what could cause the red to disappear and the yellow to stay ok.

Gigibirds

Rollerblading along the road
That's bizarre! Usually it goes the other way, where they gain more colour....Any change in behaviour? And did you maybe change it's diet? Also, your lovebirds are beautiful!

phancy

Moving in
@Zara yes, i showed my vet at the yearly checkup, the vet didn't know what it was, but that may be because at the time there were only a few feathers herew and there that had changed.

phancy

Moving in
That's bizarre! Usually it goes the other way, where they gain more colour....Any change in behaviour? And did you maybe change it's diet? Also, your lovebirds are beautiful!
no, she is acting like she always has been, shes been on the same diet shes been since I had her, down to the same seed brand and veggie provider. the only thing that changes is pepsi and sprite (2 other lovies) joining the family. and thank you! they are the highlights of my day :D