• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lovebird and cockatiel....

Toni D.

Moving in
Real Name
Toni Denunzio
Hi! I had a lovebird for 18 yrs. who died 2 yrs. ago:(. I also had another one that unfortunately was sick from the beginning who passed away over the summer.:bpflb: I really loved those birds and had a special relationship with both of them:wflb:. In November I got a cockatiel :tiel4:who although is really sweet I can tell it is a different type of relationship. I'm getting another lovebird next week and I'm just looking for advice on if I can keep the 2 of them and still bond with the lovebird.o_O

nu2birds

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kurt
Well, I'd keep them in separate cages but close enough that they benefit from one another's company. Then you can work with each one of them individually and develop a special relationship with each one. It might help to work with each bird in another room so that the other bird won't become a distraction. Eventually down the road you may be able to let them both out to play if you are there to supervise. But I doubt you will ever be able to house them together.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
You will absolutely be able to bond with your lovebird :) I agree with Kurt though, interact with each bird in a different room.

Don´t forgt to introduce him to us when he arrives ❤

AutumnRain

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kelsey
I'm very sorry for your losses. :sorrow:

Your cockatiel is very cute!

Toni D.

Moving in
Real Name
Toni Denunzio
20190213_173037.jpg 20190217_075308.jpg My new lovebird named Cricket :heart: She makes the sweetest chirpy sounds.....so far!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
She´s cute.
A great shame she´s been mutilated though, poor little thing :(
Are you planning to let her grow her wings?