• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Lorikeet attacking on me

Kalps

Moving in
Real Name
Kalpana Rohilla
I bought a lorikeet on 13th November. He is 8 months old. He is attacking me too much now a days. In the beginning also he was attacking but slowly I learned his body language and he started playing with me but now last 3-4 days he is attacking me too much especially at the time of putting him back in the cage. I started using the perch to avoid biting but from there he will jump on my hand and will bite me badly. When I will jerk my hand he will fall down and will rush to my foot to attack. Pls help me out. I am feeling like crying now. I am giving so much love attention to him that I even not giving time to my budgies now but still in the end I am getting hate from him.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I think he's still young and is probably testing boundaries. I would look into target training. Barbara Heidenreich and Pamela Clarke are good resources. Also do you spend time with him when he's in his cage? You don't want him to associate "cage" with you doing away. Also, how big of a cage does he have and where is it located?