• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looks like I'm taking in a foster bird...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ortegah

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
We're not getting her til later in the week. The rescue lady was busy tonight. Just wanted to update everyone :)

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Update: I'm supposed to get Petrie tomorrow. They are bringing her to me. I'll let you guys know tomorrow how she is and I'll provide pictures.

Birdiemarie

Feather Snuggler
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Marie
I'll be thinking about you and that poor fid tomorrow. I hope your TLC works wonders.

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Thanks Marie. I hope we can make her feel loved :)

CKJ

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cindy
Heather - Petrie looks so scared & sad in the picture you sent. I'm glad you're able to take her in & help her back into life again......and feel loved. I wish you & her all the best. Please keep us updated ~

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Heather - Petrie looks so scared & sad in the picture you sent. I'm glad you're able to take her in & help her back into life again......and feel loved. I wish you & her all the best. Please keep us updated ~
Thanks, I will :)

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
Well she's here. She's scared and plucked on her shoulders, belly and around her vent. She's making some beeping and popping noises for me so that's good. I'll get pictures of her a little later.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Well she's here. She's scared and plucked on her shoulders, belly and around her vent. She's making some beeping and popping noises for me so that's good. I'll get pictures of her a little later.
oooooh :hug8:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Sorry I just see plucking and not always but I swear in MY LIFE there is usually ALSO a Bacterial Infection and dietary issues.

I also think of bacterial infections and dietary issues, along with environmental. If the cage is too small, and lacking enough perches of variety and toys and a bird who has been cage bound. More than likely they feed a crappy diet and more than likely they dont clean the cage very often noor the water.

Otegah, BIG CONGRATS! And God bless you for taking in a rescue!

ortegah

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Heather Ortega
I also think of bacterial infections and dietary issues, along with environmental. If the cage is too small, and lacking enough perches of variety and toys and a bird who has been cage bound. More than likely they feed a crappy diet and more than likely they dont clean the cage very often noor the water.

Otegah, BIG CONGRATS! And God bless you for taking in a rescue!
She was actually in a large kings cage I was told. I think she's just been ignored for far too long. She ate oatmeal off a spoon for me like it was going out of style. I bet she'll warm up for me :)

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat
Oh Heather how wonderful! She is home with you! So glad she ate a nice warm food from a spoon for you. Isnt it going to be fun to love her and spoil her rotten? :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.