• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for some tips on keeping the peace

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Between the doves that come visiting. Recently 3 have been on my balcony at once resulting in a lot of flapping before one or more being chased away.

Bearing in mind I have food up on the railing behind the plant, and a large glass dish on the floor.... maybe a third dish will help? one on each side of the balcony.

These aren´t the only doves that visit. There´s 5 - the dove with the weird brow feathers and his/her partner.

I just want them all to come eat drink and feel safe without fighting. What can I do to help the situation?

Sorry, not the best video between clothes and plants in the way

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Probably more dishes to decrease resource guarding, but ultimately these aren't pets and there's not a lot you can do about it. There are going to be things going on with regard to space, territory, resource guarding, tensions between individuals etc that you can't control.

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
If they are pooping out there and you need to clean up every evening, you could sprinkle some of the feed around the floor. They forage well together if it is scattered about.

I do understand that this would be an added mess, but birdies always like their foraging. Even my chickens will prioritize feed that is a more work compared to the dish. Mysterious birds and their amazing ways :swoon: :heart2:

Reactions: tka

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
I agree with multiple dishes otherwise I guess you can’t really do much.

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Territory is the keyword. One pair will defend an area like this for food for their future chicks. Personally I'd remove the food to discourage them, but I would hide a small dish next to the pepper plant where Pepper stayed.
You're dealing with wild birds.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
If they are pooping out there and you need to clean up every evening, you could sprinkle some of the feed around the floor. They forage well together if it is scattered about.
They poop when they are on the railing so all the poop is on the edge of the balcony - I go out late at night and wash if off when no one is walking below.
The don´t poop all over the place. When I fill the bowl they do somehow get the food all over the floor, and I just leave it ´til I clean up