• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for New Cookware - Recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Glamourcat

Meeting neighbors
Before adopting my CAG I had nothing but non-stick cookware and bake ware. After adopting my CAG, I've used nothing but stainless steal cookware I stole from my mom's house last time I was there. She'd like her 12 and 8 inch skillets back. Rubber handles or no rubber handles? It's hard to know exactly where manufacturers sneak in PTFE and PFOA. I also need to replace all my bake-ware now too. All my cookie sheets were non-stick. I need to pick up a new set but I'm not sure what to get. Anyone have particularly good sets they're fond of?
Also, I have a set of Corningware baking dishes. Those white porcelain ones. Actually, this is the set I have: Amazon.com: CorningWare French White 7-Piece Bake and Serve Set: Home & Kitchen Are those safe to use? I'm assuming I don't need to glassware.
Paulie's cage is in the living room, but our condo has a great-room set up where the living room has no divider between the dinning area and then the kitchen is also attached. She's as far away as possible from the kitchen.
Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated!

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
CorningWare is perfectly safe to use. I have a set of wolfgang puck SS pans. I love them! I also have some cast iron pans that I really like. Cast iron once it is well seasoned is almost as really good at being nonstick. If you are going to get SS dont buy cheap. Look for ones that have a layered bottom with aluminum or copper. Here is a good article on the pros and cons of different ones How To Choose and Buy Cookware, Guide to Choosing Cookware, Choosing Pots and Pans

Status
Not open for further replies.