• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for an Amazon that needs a new home

JLS

Moving in
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joy Stewart
I recently lost my bird, Rosita, a yellow-naped amazon, that I had for 30 years. She was my buddy and has left a huge hole in my life. I would like to find a senior bird that needs a new home, one that would probably be passed by for adoption. I don't mind ones that need medication (as long as it does not have critical care problems) and I have a very qualified exotic bird vet. I am happy to pay an adoption fee, and I am happy to have both a home visit and to be interviewed for my knowledge and experience dealing with parrots. I do need a bird that is not a biter and is not an active screamer, and I do realize that a bird need sto adjust to a new home at its own rate. I should add that I live in the NE corner of Tennessee.

MommyBird

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Debbie
I recently lost my bird, Rosita, a yellow-naped amazon, that I had for 30 years. She was my buddy and has left a huge hole in my life. I would like to find a senior bird that needs a new home, one that would probably be passed by for adoption. I don't mind ones that need medication (as long as it does not have critical care problems) and I have a very qualified exotic bird vet. I am happy to pay an adoption fee, and I am happy to have both a home visit and to be interviewed for my knowledge and experience dealing with parrots. I do need a bird that is not a biter and is not an active screamer, and I do realize that a bird need sto adjust to a new home at its own rate. I should add that I live in the NE corner of Tennessee.
Since you are in their service area, I suggest you contact Phoenix Landing
Phoenix Landing Foundation
They have a number of Amazons looking for a soft place to land.
I'd love to know if you make a match there. I'm out of their service area but can't help looking and wishing.

JLS

Moving in
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Joy Stewart
Thank you for your kind suggestion! I have been in touch with them. I am going to start volunteering there, and I have signed up for one of their classes. I will see where things go from there. It still feels good to get back on this wonderful website where so many people love and appreciate birds. It helps ease the great sadness I feel from losing Rosita.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So sorry for your loss. And Phoenix Landing is a really good rescue. I hope you find your next feathered friend there.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Ditto about Phoenix Landing. Super nice folks there. I attended a weekend event.