• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

~Looking for advice on FS lighting~

Status
Not open for further replies.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I don't think there would be any real benefit except for the brighter light. I also use fs bulbs in my ceiling fixtures in my whole house.

evsrin

Rollerblading along the road
I don't think there would be any real benefit except for the brighter light. I also use fs bulbs in my ceiling fixtures in my whole house.
Well perhaps that is benefit enough!:cool1: I think I will do that.

I have to believe that doing whatever you can and making an effort is better then not doing anything at all... and the reality is that not everyone's life is the same and not everyone can do the same as someone else. So, on this issue, I'm going to conclude that it's not worth going crazy over, and providing SOME type of FS lighting (preferably in tube form and over 92 CRI) is better then not providing anything. I will do my best and take comfort that I'm doing more then most:)

Thanks for all the help!!!

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
Erin, I agree with you. You do the best for your situation and home....gather all the information you can and use what you think will work!

carkam

Avenue Veteran
I have a double stack now and I had one lamp a zoo med lamp I used that broke. I did notice during the time of not having the full spectrum, both birds did not eat well and nothing appeared played with when I got home after 8 hours. I got me a lamp that is full spectrum from Kmart yesterday and when I put them in the cage this morning they were running around and eating. They did not do this without the full spectrum light. I think the color thing is what it is important for. Not so much the Vit D.

trout

Real Name
Bobby
Well perhaps that is benefit enough!:cool1: I think I will do that.

I have to believe that doing whatever you can and making an effort is better then not doing anything at all... and the reality is that not everyone's life is the same and not everyone can do the same as someone else. So, on this issue, I'm going to conclude that it's not worth going crazy over, and providing SOME type of FS lighting (preferably in tube form and over 92 CRI) is better then not providing anything. I will do my best and take comfort that I'm doing more then most:)

Thanks for all the help!!!

and over 5000k on the color temperature.

Check the bulbs out at Home Depot and Lowes. They do have a selection of bulbs that meet these specs, and they can be cheaper. :D

evsrin

Erin, I agree with you. You do the best for your situation and home....gather all the information you can and use what you think will work!
:highfive: Thanks again. That last part was directed any anyone:cool1: Just my conclusion!

I have a double stack now and I had one lamp a zoo med lamp I used that broke. I did notice during the time of not having the full spectrum, both birds did not eat well and nothing appeared played with when I got home after 8 hours. I got me a lamp that is full spectrum from Kmart yesterday and when I put them in the cage this morning they were running around and eating. They did not do this without the full spectrum light. I think the color thing is what it is important for. Not so much the Vit D.
Thank you, knowing that is the main benefit... seeing them act happier and eating better, that's enough of a reason for me.

and over 5000k on the color temperature.

Check the bulbs out at Home Depot and Lowes. They do have a selection of bulbs that meet these specs, and they can be cheaper. :D
Yes, and over 5000k on color temperature! I knew that... just didn't feel like typing it, :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.