• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

looking for a really large like 2' x 3' x 3" or something

Status
Not open for further replies.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
craft organizer with tons of compartments.
So its large and pretty flat....
Anyone seen one or have one?
Especially you toy making organized types.....:p

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
okey doke! will keep my eyes open, am always shopping :hehe:

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
How about something like this...

Amazon.com: HOMAK HA01012001 12-Drawer Plastic Parts Organizer: Home Improvement

or this...

Amazon.com: HOMAK HA01018001 18-Drawer Plastic Parts Organizer: Home Improvement

The only thing is, I can not seem to see on those what the actual size is overall. Okay so the 18 drawer one measures: 14.75 W X 6.25 D X 18.5 H that's overall size, I guess.

Oh and also do you like to have closed up drawers so they keep dust out, to me that is a must and especially if the thing is in and among your birds.

Last edited:

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Oh, oh so you want something more compartment like what GG showed with a low profile rather than a high profile?

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
thanks gg!!
yes Jan....i sit on a blanket on the floor with my helpers to make toys, then keep having to get up to get parts from my vertical drawers. So i thought a flat case will have everything at ground level....

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Oh I see now what you want. Well, I know your situation is different but like me, when I am making up my Jolly Ball toys... I have a very large tray which actually use to be from a cage tray and I have most all my parts all just mixed up in it which you can see below. I divided a small section towards the front to give me clearance so I have a place to lay my toy as I work on it. This tray measures 30" wide x 23" deep x 1-1/2" high. I also have other shallow tubs off to my right and left there on the table where I work. Then when I am not working on my stuff, I cover the with plastic and the tubs have lids. I am certainly not one for sitting on a floor to work on anything, I'd much rather be sitting up on a chair.

So even if you just wanted to mix everything it is doable then it is like going on a treasure hunt to find what you want. I know I certainly could not possibly have a compartment for each and every toy part I have.

Attachments

Last edited:

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Saroj ..

I have tension drawer dividers in some of my dresser drawers .. to divide the drawers up into smaller sections.

Perhaps you could find a long flat rubbermaid <or other> type storage box and use the drawer dividers to make sections. Like the ones designed for under the bed storage and have wheels, you could wheel the storage box easily under the cage, and still have it divided for the toys.

Amazon carries them:

Amazon.com: Axis Expandable Kitchen Drawer Divider: Kitchen & Dining

I've also seen them at Bed, Bath & Beyond as well.

Just a thought.

Jan

Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan
Try www.organize.com - They accept PayPal too! They have lots of things to help organize. They are like only 40 miles me from but I ordered online and I've just ordered some plastic boxes from them last night I will really see if I can organize my stuff a little better such as all beads in one and so on... then they'll each have lids and these would be just for my Jolly Ball Toy making parts.

There are so many ways to organize so you could come up with some cheaper ways of doing it.

Last edited by a moderator:

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Status
Not open for further replies.