• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Looking for a Breeder

Status
Not open for further replies.

loveparrotlets

Moving in
Could anyone help me in finding a good Parrotlet breeder? Also Can anyone tell me more about those canary colored parrotlets are their temperments/behavior the same as pacifics? I am between the 2. :dance4:

MessyBeaks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Leigh
Where are you located?

If you're stuck choosing between a yellow parrotlet and a Pacific, you're about to be pleasantly surprised - they're the same! Yellow is just a colour mutation of the nominate green Pacific.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
We have a couple of Parrotlets who are looking for a home currently, if you were interested in a re-home!:)

loveparrotlets

Moving in
I am located in New York. I have no problem re-homing as long as they are tamed. Yellows & greens have the same personalities?

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yea .. I know.

Have no clue if the OP is close, nor if they'd want to try rehomes, but I figured I'd ask.

Merlie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ok, nevermind .. lol ... NY is a bit far ... and the two I have, while not wild or mean at all, aren't truly "tame" either.

MessyBeaks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Leigh
Yep, they are the same species. Only difference is colour.

loveparrotlets

Moving in
can anyone tell me the physical difference between a green pacific female and a green rump female?

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
can anyone tell me the physical difference between a green pacific female and a green rump female?
Pacifics are a tad larger than green rumps. Green rumps are a deeper green and smaller. They don't have any blue on their rumps whereas pacifics will have blue within their wings and backs. Pacific males are more colorful with the cobalt blue. You can see my Pacific male in my sig picture, he's got incredible blue.

HungryBird

Rollerblading along the road
I live in NYC too. Have you ever been to Fauna? It is an amazing, amazing, amazing bird store in Manhattan. It's on 87th between Broadway and West End. They often have parrotlets and are extremely knowledgeable about birds and other exotic pets.

Here is their website:

Fauna's site

Here is their Facebook:

Fauna's Facebook

And here is the virtual tour I did of Fauna. These pictures don't do the store justice though. It is the best bird store in Manhattan by a mile. By ten miles.

Fauna Virtual Tour

Let me know if you end up going! Maybe you will see me there.

Status
Not open for further replies.